JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?!

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
But if you have the harness under the seat, that means you have the wires that run under your steering column. you may just need the heated seat module. Oh also check Fuse F58 and F57 see if theyre empty OH also F60.
OK, now I'm intrigued, I have all the fuses, going to look for a harness today.
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I hate when they leave wiring out of the base model. my 03 Silverado is a base model WT (or Work Truck, not LT or LTZ). I wanted to add the factory cruise control column stalk. the cruise harness was left out of the column on the WTs! :mad::punch:

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
But if you have the harness under the seat, that means you have the wires that run under your steering column. you may just need the heated seat module. Oh also check Fuse F58 and F57 see if theyre empty OH also F60.

I am also interested in this. I would love to add heat in the new cloth rubicon seats. I’ve read others paid $200 each seat, which doesn’t seem too bad considering. However, if I can do it myself, I am all for it. Same with a remote start. I intend to upgrade from the 7” u connect to the stinger heigh10 when funds allow. I am curious if that will also help. Thanks for posting this. Following

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
I am also interested in this. I would love to add heat in the new cloth rubicon seats. I’ve read others paid $200 each seat, which doesn’t seem too bad considering. However, if I can do it myself, I am all for it. Same with a remote start. I intend to upgrade from the 7” u connect to the stinger heigh10 when funds allow. I am curious if that will also help. Thanks for posting this. Following

i don’t think the stinger will help you out in any way haha, also please remember they are NOT waterproof at all, leave the top off and it rain poof! Also if you want the heated seats you will need to swap the center stack to allow that and they will also require it to be activated (tazer,dealer etc). Same with the remote stare’

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, more research. SO far did not find wires for a heated seat module. Here is the link to whole vehicle wiring: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/ENTIRE-VEHICLE-CONNECTOR-MAP.pdf
Most likely I have fuzes and under seat connections because its a part of body wiring harness. I have factory AUX switches and it might be a reason for upgraded harness.
Connector for heated seat module is part of instrument cluster wiring harness. And I might not be so lucky with it.
Here are links for heated seat and heater steering wheel wiring:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/HEATED-SEAT-SYSTEM.pdf
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/HEATED-STEERING-WHEEL-SYSTEM.pdf
Not that complicated, but requires a lot of connectors.

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
i don’t think the stinger will help you out in any way haha, also please remember they are NOT waterproof at all, leave the top off and it rain poof! Also if you want the heated seats you will need to swap the center stack to allow that and they will also require it to be activated (tazer,dealer etc). Same with the remote stare’
I ordered the Tazer for lights, speedo, etc. I didn’t know the stinger wasn’t waterproof. However, I would never expose it to the rain. Probably end up doing aftermarket heated seats too. Thank you for the info.

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Hey all so I'm running into this problem. I ordered my Jeep thinking I selected the Cold Weather package and now I see I missed it FML. I would like to make it factory/OEM as possible and I believe I have found all the parts to try to install the heated seats and steering wheel but I can't locate the "Heated seats module" does any one know if the 2020 part number ( 68438106AC ) work with a 2021 JLURD?

But I will wait to order the parts until I get a chance to inspect my jeep to see if I need a wire harnesses.

Thanks in advance.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all so I'm running into this problem. I ordered my Jeep thinking I selected the Cold Weather package and now I see I missed it FML. I would like to make it factory/OEM as possible and I believe I have found all the parts to try to install the heated seats and steering wheel but I can't locate the "Heated seats module" does any one know if the 2020 part number ( 68438106AC ) work with a 2021 JLURD?

But I will wait to order the parts until I get a chance to inspect my jeep to see if I need a wire harnesses.

Thanks in advance.
99% sure you'll have the wiring harness and 2020 part number will work.

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
99% sure you'll have the wiring harness and 2020 part number will work.
Thanks El Zilcho,

Have you been able to get your seats to work? I have seen you have posted on many threads about this topic.

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks El Zilcho,

Have you been able to get your seats to work? I have seen you have posted on many threads about this topic.
Not yet :) but slowly working on it. I have a base Sport and part of the wiring harness is not there. I'm trying to figure out the best place to get all the connectors I need to make it work.

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Just for some clarity for me is this the heated seat module? Found this video and they were installing a Tazer JL mini and it looked like the part number I found.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?! 1603735404800

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just for some clarity for me is this the heated seat module? Found this video and they were installing a Tazer JL mini and it looked like the part number I found.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?! 1603735404800
That it is

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doing more research: Small orange wiring harness inside steering wheel is different for a heated steering wheel and needs to be replaced too.
So you need Heated steering wheel, wiring harness inside steering wheel, steering column control module, add pins to the plug that connects to steering column control module, get comfort seat and steering wheel control module with plugs preferably :) connect it to a can bus, fuse box, new center stack (need to find right connectors or add pins). Connect heated seats (wiring looks way easier than heated steering wheel) and you are done :)

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doing more research: Small orange wiring harness inside steering wheel is different for a heated steering wheel and needs to be replaced too.
So you need Heated steering wheel, wiring harness inside steering wheel, steering column control module, add pins to the plug that connects to steering column control module, get comfort seat and steering wheel control module with plugs preferably :) connect it to a can bus, fuse box, new center stack (need to find right connectors or add pins). Connect heated seats (wiring looks way easier than heated steering wheel) and you are done :)
holy crap lol. Maybe we can just get the heated seats to work without the steering wheel?
Sponsored