J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Followed someone else's recent post and blacked out the stock muffler. It makes the MC hardware and shocks POP! Thanks to @BbyGrlJJ for the help on both :) Initially, i did a flat black, but @BbyGrlJJ picked up a semi-gloss, which looked way better and matched our undercoated POR15 better.

Here's the paint we used - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-Specialty-High-Heat-Ultra-Black-Spray-Paint-12-oz/17011115

1 can should do an entire muffler, with touchups.

It's easier to just unbolt the hangers from the frame, as opposed to try and fight the hangers.

FYI - Exhaust/muffler clamp is 15mm. Hanger is 13mm (4 bolts total)

My before/after: (I just touched up, so that's why it looks wet)....and it's 84% humidity :no:
IMG_4884.JPG
IMG_4892.JPG

Archangel after: (Pre-lift/shocks)
IMG_4891.JPG

I dont expect this paint to fully hold up, but all good - touchup!
Sponsored

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a cool pic after the rain - the ceramic coating was working. Jeep is using "Frog Camo" - lol

IMG_4915.JPG

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OK Folks - ANOTHER good weekend! Lifted @BbyGrlJJ's Jeep, so that's 2 lifts under my belt - which is awesome, but i feel like i just climbed everest - LOL.

First - she wanted to paint the MC arms and track bars, so we did that. Here's some pics of how i did it.

Before:
IMG_4901.jpg

Wiped the outside rims clean:
IMG_4905.JPG

Used some fat Frog Tape:
IMG_4902.JPG

Applied the tape in a plus sign pattern:
IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4907.JPG

IMG_4909.JPG

Pinched it in (like a nipple) :) to create some slack:
IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4904.JPG

Push down the edges and used an exacto knife to trim around the outside (doesnt have to be perfect):
IMG_4910.JPG

Used some blue paint tape to cover the exposed threads:
IMG_4911.JPG

All prepped:
IMG_4913.JPG

Used Rustoleum "Rebel Red", which dried nice - just like the factory Rubi red - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ol...oss-Sunrise-Red-Spray-Paint-7762830/100167186

IMG_4914.jpg

Forgot to take a pic of all dry, so here's a couple. I did get some wrinkling - not sure why. Thought i cleaned enough during prep. Oh well. It's all underneath and will get beat up. Easy to touch up though!
IMG_4918.JPG

Parts on and lifted! :) :rock::like: I also did Steersmarts draglink, with RED Griffin, SS Tie Drod & Nexus 2.2. If you catch my "forgetfulness", i forgot to do the endlinks. Will do all when we get it back from alignment.

IMG_7419.JPG
IMG_5463.JPG
View attachment 195477
IMG_4921.JPG
IMG_4920.JPG

The Archangel cam out real nice! BOTH are looking great, in our opinion :) :rock:

Also - i "think" her's might sit a 1/2" higher....i assume it's due to less engine weight? 2.0 vs 3.6. HERS IS BIGGER! :punch::involve:

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got some MOAR LYTES coming folks, but 1st we'll need MOAR GROUNDS :) :rock:

Here's what i did:

New ground cable extension - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K68YC2W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Grounding terminal - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S2F26X3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Double sided tape - https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Tough-Double-Mounting-Inches/dp/B00OXVG9FW

First - started by applying the double sided tape to the bottom side of the mounts. I did NOT use the screws provided. I have not used this tape before, but it seems BEEFY, but able to remove if needed. It holds WELL! I would not trim it too close, as you'll need a small portion of the corner to peel the clear tape cover from the 1 side:
EDIT - I noticed that the ground wire side was being lifted up, due to the cable bend applying pressure upward. I added 2 MOAR strips of double-sided and that seemed to fix! :like:
IMG_4950.JPG

I chose the body area next to the battery, where i mounted the relay for the ROAM rails. I like this location, because i could terminate the positive wires to the factory AUX power leads AND it's right next to a piece of weather-stripping on the hood, so protected and all wires in the same spot - NOICE :like: The hood does NOT hit it at all.
IMG_4951.JPG
IMG_4952.JPG
IMG_4953.JPG

Next - i decided to trim the new ground cable so that it can fit the factory grounding location and the new terminal. Used a dremel:
IMG_4954.JPG
IMG_4955.JPG
IMG_4956.JPG

I decided to use the middle factory grounding as it's not painted. I came up from the bottom and went BEHIND the factory cable. All mounts flush.
IMG_4957.JPG

The new ground wire mounts a little weird, but here's a pic of how i "wound" it. I slithered under the factory ground that closest to the firewall and up into the mount bolt.
IMG_4958.JPG

Here are a few pics of the wire on the ground bolt:
IMG_4959.JPG
IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4961.JPG

Using some circle connectors, i moved my grounds for my pod lights and ROAM rails:
Circle connectors - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner...ng-Terminals-in-Blue-15-Pack-15-104/202522492
IMG_4962.JPG
IMG_4963.JPG
IMG_4964.JPG

Very soon, i think i see MOAR LYTES in my future :rock:

Also - copied all of this into a "How To" thread - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-to-add-a-grounding-terminal.32757/

Last edited:
OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
MOAR LYTES - SYDE LYTES!!!

This is why i chose this bracket from @Diode Dynamics. They offer a perfect dual-pod/dual-purpose! :like:

I used my Rigid D2's that were my old rear LYTES. Wired these up just like the first set and tied into my new grounding terminal - easy peasy (to AUX4). Cant wait to use at NYTE and to quiet those A-HOLES next to me in traffic - LOL (They are pointed straight out)
IMG_4965.jpg
IMG_4966.jpg
IMG_4967.jpg
IMG_4968.JPG
IMG_4969.JPG

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I may have missed it, but how do the 2.0 and 3.6 compare with the 37s? Stock gears?

I currently have the 3.6 but considering the 2.0 on the jeep I'm ordering.

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I may have missed it, but how do the 2.0 and 3.6 compare with the 37s? Stock gears?

I currently have the 3.6 but considering the 2.0 on the jeep I'm ordering.
The 2.0 is impressive on the 37s! No thought to regear at all. The turbo makes up at low end. My 3.6 is a manual, which is a huge difference. I did 37s and regear at the same time, so I don’t have any comparison to the 4.10s vs the 5.13s, but on a manual, I would consider it necessary. We have been very surprised and pleased with the 2.0 and how it’s been handling the tires/wheels/lift. Seems beastly...hope it stands time. I REALLY wish there was a 2.0 manual option. That would’ve been my choice. Hope that helps.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The 2.0 is impressive on the 37s! No thought to regear at all. The turbo makes up at low end. My 3.6 is a manual, which is a huge difference. I did 37s and regear at the same time, so I don’t have any comparison to the 4.10s vs the 5.13s, but on a manual, I would consider it necessary. We have been very surprised and pleased with the 2.0 and how it’s been handling the tires/wheels/lift. Seems beastly...hope it stands time. I REALLY wish there was a 2.0 manual option. That would’ve been my choice. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. It does help. I feel better about the 2.0 now. Currently I have a 3.6 paired with 40s. Surprising is rides well with 4.10 gears and reprogramming. On my previous JKs, I had to gear 5.13 with 40s and still didn't feel as good at the JL with 4.10.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Hey! I noticed for the Archangel you added the lift several days after putting on the 37s and wheels. I am also getting the Zephyr's D632 with Patagonia 37s. Was wondering was it driven much with the 37s before putting on the lift? If so, on road any rubbing?

I am going to lift mine, but was wondering if I can get by with 37s on stock Rubi suspension for a while on road before deciding on lift kit.

Also, which lift kit did you use?

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey! I noticed for the Archangel you added the lift several days after putting on the 37s and wheels. I am also getting the Zephyr's D632 with Patagonia 37s. Was wondering was it driven much with the 37s before putting on the lift? If so, on road any rubbing?

I am going to lift mine, but was wondering if I can get by with 37s on stock Rubi suspension for a while on road before deciding on lift kit.

Also, which lift kit did you use?
Hi Ricky!
We had zero issues with the wheels/37s on stock suspension. We didnt go offroad with them, but no issues on the road, so you should be good :fist bump:

We both did the MetalCloak 3.5 GameChanger. We havent been able to get on trails much yet, but i did some small dry creek runs over the weekend and it worked great. No issues, no noises. Love it so far. Here's a few pics. Wanted to share these anyway :)

IMG_5073.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG
IMG_5075.JPG

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Hi Ricky!
We had zero issues with the wheels/37s on stock suspension. We didnt go offroad with them, but no issues on the road, so you should be good :fist bump:

We both did the MetalCloak 3.5 GameChanger. We havent been able to get on trails much yet, but i did some small dry creek runs over the weekend and it worked great. No issues, no noises. Love it so far. Here's a few pics. Wanted to share these anyway :)

IMG_5073.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG
IMG_5075.JPG
Man that looks good! Thanks for the info and sharing. Im between MC and AEV currently, and maybe Rock Krawler, but figured maybe I'll get the wheels and tires first and then I can sell the stock take offs and tires while they still have a lot of life in them (only 1200 miles).

Keep on coming with the updates! I love going through your journal, already went through the whole thing 3 times already lol

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Man that looks good! Thanks for the info and sharing. Im between MC and AEV currently, and maybe Rock Krawler, but figured maybe I'll get the wheels and tires first and then I can sell the stock take offs and tires while they still have a lot of life in them (only 1200 miles).

Keep on coming with the updates! I love going through your journal, already went through the whole thing 3 times already lol
Thanks for the compliments! We love our jeeps and modding, as you can tell :) You should be good with your thinking. We did the same thing...selling the takeoffs help to ease the pain...lol.

My thought on the MC lift was to “buy once, cry once”. This lift should be capable of doing anything you want, unless you want a really tall beast. Should be capable of TONS of trails and rocks. Good luck with your build!

Midwesttrekker

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Granite Crystal Ordered 7/19. 2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you wheeling there? Great pics!!
Sponsored