Sponsored

JL Trektop

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
CassieAtBestop, when will the fully retractable NX Glide be available for the 4 door? Can you or anyone else confirm that the portion over the back seat can be easily rolled up for sky view on the currently available NX?
Sponsored

Benny

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Ocean Blue, 2012 Dodge Challenger
CassieAtBestop, when will the fully retractable NX Glide be available for the 4 door? Can you or anyone else confirm that the portion over the back seat can be easily rolled up for sky view on the currently available NX?
I'd like to know the same for the 2 door tops. I would prefer a fully retractable NX Glide on my 2018 JL.
I know the 2 door NX tops are not in production, but are there any photos of the production prototypes with the top back and windows out?

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The 4-Door Twill is avlaible now and the Black Diamond in the next week or so. :)

CassieAtBestop
:clap:

As someone who has a Black Diamond on order, now I can start to get excited! I hate to annoy my dealer (especially since he's a friend) on a daily basis. "Hey....I see Trektop's are shipping, has mine shipped yet?" Eagerly looking forward thru that "week or so" until they launch, and I get mine!

Thanks for the update!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Mine arrived today, but I had to juggle between working on a customers JL and mounting my top. Don't ask me how working those zippers on a new top in 40 degree weather went :computerrage:. I should have known better from my previous JK trektop installs, but I'm impatient....

I've owned a trektop on 3 of my 4 JK's. It's great to see the improvements they have made over the years!

I will post some more pictures tomorrow in the daylight.
Bestop Trektop.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Had some better light to take finished pics. I'm hoping once it sits in the sun for a while the rear window will "flatten" out.
I had to deliver a customers Jeep last night, so I didn't get a chance to drive with it yet.
Trektop JL 1.jpg

Trektop JL 2.jpg
Trektop JL 3.jpg

Sponsored

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
Looks great Chris! That's twill, right? When you open the top, it leaves the back passengers fully covered, correct? Any easy way around that?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
These are great pictures Chris! Thank you. Any chance you could get us come closeups of the Top opening and closing? I am also interested in how the back window looks from someone sitting in the drivers seat.

Also, are any of those cross bars annoying? from what I saw in the install video there were some cross bars that looked to be right above the passenger seat. I don't think I would like that.
Thanks!
I will take some pictures opening/closing, but I want to give the top some time to "stretch" before I pull it back off. Here are a few pictures of the interior and looking back through the window. I barely notice the black crossbars(I didn't like the silver ones on the JK trektop)
20190130_133004_resized.jpg
20190130_133015_resized.jpg
20190130_133110_resized.jpg

Looks great Chris! That's twill, right? When you open the top, it leaves the back passengers fully covered, correct? Any easy way around that?
Thanks!
It is twill, I only had it open while initially installing but I do believe it leaves the passengers fully covered. I want to give it some time to stretch before I go about removing any panels or opening/closing it again. :beer:

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank you Chris for the review and the pics, this is great. If you could post some pics when it gets warmer of the top opening and closing that would be awesome.

What’s the webbing for in the roof of the back seat? I saw this in the install video too.
I was wondering about that webbing too

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it home last night for the first time with the new top. I've had a hardtop for a couple weeks while I was waiting on the Trektop to arrive, so my observations might be slightly off. I had my premium factory softop for nearly a year, but my wife decided she would rather have my old softop and sell her hardtop.

With the factory softop I was too close for comfort when it comes to garage clearance. On warmer days when backing into the garage I would lightly graze the top when my gas tank was low. Last night backing into the garage on an empty tank of gas I had 3"+ clearance at the highest point. I can now go up another 1-2" with my coilovers :rock:

Noise level was almost exactly what I remember it being with my factory softop. It was a fairly windy day today, but there was no flapping etc at 65mph and I was easily able to hold a conversation via bluetooth. It is not as quiet as the hardtop, but I'm very pleased with the noise level for a softop!

Flipping the top back to the sunrider position seems much easier to do than what I remember on the factory top. It doesn't seem to go nearly as high. I wish I had tried it at home, but with the factory top there was no way to open/close it in the garage without hitting the ceiling.

So far I'm very pleased other than the wrinkly looking rear window. I'm hoping with some warmer temperatures and more time in the sun it will flatten out. With the windows closed and the heat on it creates a pressure in the cabin which makes the back look perfectly flat.

We are supposed to hit the 70's this weekend. I will give some more observations when I have a chance to pull the back panels off.
20190131_105421_resized.jpg

20190131_105527_resized.jpg

20190131_105549_resized.jpg

20190131_105759_resized.jpg

20190131_105602_resized.jpg
20190131_105642_resized.jpg

Last edited:

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Drove it home last night for the first time with the new top. I've had a hardtop for a couple weeks while I was waiting on the Trektop to arrive, so my observations might be slightly off. I had my premium factory softop for nearly a year, but my wife decided she would rather have my old softop and sell her hardtop.

With the factory softop I was too close for comfort when it comes to garage clearance. On warmer days when backing into the garage I would lightly graze the top when my gas tank was low. Last night backing into the garage on an empty tank of gas I had 3"+ clearance at the highest point. I can now go up another 1-2" with my coilovers :rock:

Noise level was almost exactly what I remember it being with my factory softop. It was a fairly windy day today, but there was no flapping etc at 65mph and I was easily able to hold a conversation via bluetooth. It is not as quiet as the hardtop, but I'm very pleased with the noise level for a softop!

Flipping the top back to the sunrider position seems much easier to do than what I remember on the factory top. It doesn't seem to go nearly as high. I wish I had tried it at home, but with the factory top there was no way to open/close it in the garage without hitting the ceiling.

So far I'm very pleased other than the wrinkly looking rear window. I'm hoping with some warmer temperatures and more time in the sun it will flatten out. With the windows closed and the heat on it creates a pressure in the cabin which makes the back look perfectly flat.

We are supposed to hit the 70's this weekend. I will give some more observations when I have a chance to pull the back panels off.
20190131_105421_resized.jpg

20190131_105527_resized.jpg

20190131_105549_resized.jpg

20190131_105759_resized.jpg

20190131_105602_resized.jpg
20190131_105642_resized.jpg
Cassie at Bestop told me the back window isn't supposed to look like that. They sent me another that arrived today, and sure enough, it fits much better. As far as the zippers, zip it first before tucking the tabs into location on the side windows. it's much easier.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Cassie at Bestop told me the back window isn't supposed to look like that. They sent me another that arrived today, and sure enough, it fits much better. As far as the zippers, zip it first before tucking the tabs into location on the side windows. it's much easier.
Thanks for the heads up. I will contact them about getting a replacement, did you just PM them on the forums?

Thanks for the tip about the zippers. I ended up just removing the side windows, starting the zipper then put them back in place. I will try your way next time.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm doing most of the installation in the living room where it's warm. Will attach the door rails to the Jeep and throw the fabric on tomorrow after it's warmed up inside all night.

So far I've got 1.5 hours invested and I'm at the part where it's time to put things on the Jeep.

20190201_174435.jpg

20190201_175350.jpg