Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
My twill Trektop should be here tomorrow. Of course it will go from 70 degrees today to 40 and rainy tomorrow when it gets here :headbang:
I'm too impatient for it to warm up, so hopefully it will go on with ease...
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My twill Trektop should be here tomorrow. Of course it will go from 70 degrees today to 40 and rainy tomorrow when it gets here :headbang:
I'm too impatient for it to warm up, so hopefully it will go on with ease...
I'm so jealous! I've got mine on order for about two months now from Northridge4x4 in Canada. They say it's supposed to ship around the end of the month and then that is just to NorthRidge4x4 in the states. Then I have to wait until they make a shipment up to Canada. Ugh.

jeepin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Other than it looks absolutely fantastic, any thoughts for factory premium soft top vs the trektop? Trying to debate selling my factory premium top for this. I know one of the cons may be that the factory soft top folds all the way down, whereas this model trektop does not.

Last edited:

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Other than it looks absolutely fantastic, any thoughts for factory premium soft top vs the trektop? Trying to debate selling my factory premium top this. I know one of the cons may be that the factory soft top folds all the way down, whereas this model trektop does not.
I had a premium softop, then switched to my wife's hardtop when I ordered the Trektop(she wanted the softop). I should be installing it today, and will try my best to give a comparison. I've had the hardtop on for a couple weeks now, so hopefully that doesnt skew my insight.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Other than it looks absolutely fantastic, any thoughts for factory premium soft top vs the trektop? Trying to debate selling my factory premium top this. I know one of the cons may be that the factory soft top folds all the way down, whereas this model trektop does not.
Exactly that. That's why I'm waiting for Trektop NX Glide.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I saw a guy with a JK who rolled the rear portion of the Trektop up and tucked it under the Sunrider portion. That effectively made it a 100% full open soft top, just like the factory top, but it was better because none of the fabric was laying in the way like what you have with the factory top.

If the JL Trektop can do that too, then it would be superior to the factory top in every conceivable way except one little detail: you still lose some cubic feet of cargo space because of the fastback design.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
During lunch I removed my hard top and brackets with the help of my business partner so that when it did arrive I could quickly install it.

Well, my Trektop that was supposed to arrive today somehow got lost by my supplier. They called me yesterday to inform me it would be on a truck for delivery today. When I called late afternoon they couldn't explain what happened or where it is :whatsgoingon:

I will be driving topless on two of the coldest days we have had this Winter in Houston :headbang:. At least we don't have rain in the forecast for the next few days, but knowing my luck it will snow on me tomorrow morning(Not that we ever really get snow, but just my luck).

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
During lunch I removed my hard top and brackets with the help of my business partner so that when it did arrive I could quickly install it.

Well, my Trektop that was supposed to arrive today somehow got lost by my supplier. They called me yesterday to inform me it would be on a truck for delivery today. When I called late afternoon they couldn't explain what happened or where it is :whatsgoingon:

I will be driving topless on two of the coldest days we have had this Winter in Houston :headbang:. At least we don't have rain in the forecast for the next few days, but knowing my luck it will snow on me tomorrow morning(Not that we ever really get snow, but just my luck).
Omg that sucks!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I actually prefer the black diamond to the twill. The twill, imo, is something for a sports car.
I'm getting the Mopar premium soft top this spring but the sales manager advised me to go with the standard top. He said his kept getting cottonwood (lot of them here) seeds caught in the twill and was a pain to get them out but I like the twill look better plus the extra thickness.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For those of you who have the Trektop already, when did you order? Did you order directly and did you order twill or black diamond?

I ordered the black diamond from Northridge4x4 here in Canada on October 23rd and I'm still waiting.

Sponsored

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered mine at the beginning of December I think, TroyBoy.

So Bestop contacted me via private message on here and informed me that the back window should not look that loose. It may also be contributing to some wind flap noise I'm getting at higher speeds. They offered to send me a back window to replace it, so good on them. I'll update after that gets here!

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered mine at the beginning of December I think, TroyBoy.

So Bestop contacted me via private message on here and informed me that the back window should not look that loose. It may also be contributing to some wind flap noise I'm getting at higher speeds. They offered to send me a back window to replace it, so good on them. I'll update after that gets here!
I just found out that the black diamond tops are not ready until April so I switched to black twill which I can get right away.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Twill. Now just need a warm day to install it.

20190126_114422.jpg

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

The 2-Door Trektop for JL will be available in April/May, not the 4-Door.

The 4-Door Twill is avlaible now and the Black Diamond in the next week or so. :)

CassieAtBestop

I just found out that the black diamond tops are not ready until April so I switched to black twill which I can get right away.
Sponsored