JL Trektop

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Question for anyone who had one on a JK or Cassie. I have a hardtop now but would like to run something different in the spring and summer - the Trektop is a great alternative to the factory soft top. My question is, can I easily uninstall the Trektop for the fall and winter or once the Trektop is installed, is it more of a permanent top? Basically, can someone interchange a hard top and the Trektop as seasons change?
If it's similar to the JK then the answer is yes but you'll still need to pull stuff off the jeep to put the hardtop on. like the door surrounds. There was also a metal bracket for the springs for the sunrider but I never checked to see if those would fit under the hardtop, I just removed then and stored them every year

Its an easy removal and install. It's cumbersome the very first time because theres extra steps and stretching that goes on. But it's not bad.
Sponsored

brockj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport 20016 lj rubicon
My jeep came with a hard top and no soft top components. Would I need the factory soft top brackets to make this top work?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Nope! Everything needed comes in the box for you!

CassieAtBestop

My jeep came with a hard top and no soft top components. Would I need the factory soft top brackets to make this top work?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So when are they shipping? I’ve had mine on order at northridge4x4 for over a month now.

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Not sure on timing, let me find out for you!

CassieAtBestop
I'm also interested in finding out when the other colors will be available. Have you found out the answer yet?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Happy New Year!

I don't have an ETA on colors, but contact [email protected] or 1-800-845-3567, he is handling the custom orders and we are putting the colors over to him to see if/when we can do a special run before they are avlaible.

CassieAtBestop

Hey Cassie ,
Happy New Year !!!!!
Any idea when the Cracked Red Pepper top will be available?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Email [email protected] with your mailing address and request a swatch of Cracked Red Pepper. They will get you one sent out at no cost!

CassieAtBestop

I'm interested in the cracked red pepper as well, hoping to see some more pics or a video of it. I don't know if I will like that color accent with the firecracker red.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
our current color selection ill be offered: https://www.bestop.com/colored-tops

I don't have an ETA on colors, but contact [email protected] or 1-800-845-3567, he is handling the custom orders and we are putting the colors over to him to see if/when we can do a special run before they are avlaible.

CassieAtBestop

I'm also interested in finding out when the other colors will be available. Have you found out the answer yet?

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed Mathew about the colored tops and he said “later this year”. Strange answer to be honest. When i asked if it was summer or winter, he said “late summer, the earliest”.

It doesn’t look good for this happening anytime soon.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine today. I swapped to my wife's hardtop a couple days ago since it sits 3" lower than my factory softop at it's highest point, and I was tired of taking the top down to get in the garage. After just two days with the hardtop I am already missing my softop so I decided to just bite the bullet and hope it sits lower than the factory softop(It looks like it does in the photos/videos.) :fingerscrossed: