Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey guys!

We are meeting about this next week to see if there is something additional we can do, no promises! But we are trying to figure out an avenue for you to get this sooner than when we would offer to the public.

CassieAtBestop

I got the same answer as well. Was hoping they would sneak a couple of Red ones out on special order . I Definitely wanted one for my Mojito

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Would be nice if Bestop offered a forum discount on the new Trektop. Maybe like an introductory price?

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
This may be a dumb question. I have a 4DR model JL with a hard top and really would like to convert between tops through the seasons... Does the Trektop collapse into the hard top... or how much disassembly needs to happen to convert between the 2?

Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
This may be a dumb question. I have a 4DR model JL with a hard top and really would like to convert between tops through the seasons... Does the Trektop collapse into the hard top... or how much disassembly needs to happen to convert between the 2?
Complete removal of 1 before installing the other.

2008jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU
So now that they are shipping, how much of a backlog is there CassieAtBestop? If I was to order one today what would be the shipping date? Quadratec says no shipping till the 21st of January.

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
does anyone know the complexity and swap time needed to rotate between tops? I know the original install time is slated at 4 hours however I am not sure that is representative of switching between the two

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
does anyone know the complexity and swap time needed to rotate between tops? I know the original install time is slated at 4 hours however I am not sure that is representative of switching between the two
Installed mine yesterday. Probably 20 minutes from start to finish to go to hardtop. More for going back to the soft top (have to reattach the fabric).

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine yesterday. Probably 20 minutes from start to finish to go to hardtop. More for going back to the soft top (have to reattach the fabric).
Any pics? How do you like it so far?

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any pics? How do you like it so far?
I can try to get some tomorrow. I like it. Slightly increased wind noise over hardtop, but nothing alarming. Seems on par with the factory premium soft top as far as noise. It was a bitch to put on in the cold, but it looks good. I’m glad to finally have that fastback look.

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can try to get some tomorrow. I like it. Slightly increased wind noise over hardtop, but nothing alarming. Seems on par with the factory premium soft top as far as noise. It was a bitch to put on in the cold, but it looks good. I’m glad to finally have that fastback look.
I went to the dealership to see the difference in material between the standard soft top and the premium however they had zero premium soft tops on the lot. I spoke with the parts department guy and he said the difference was minimum and would buy the standard option over the premium. You however indicate that its worth the extra funds... i think its like a 30% inc in cost vs. the standard... can you expand on that any?

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I went to the dealership to see the difference in material between the standard soft top and the premium however they had zero premium soft tops on the lot. I spoke with the parts department guy and he said the difference was minimum and would buy the standard option over the premium. You however indicate that its worth the extra funds... i think its like a 30% inc in cost vs. the standard... can you expand on that any?
I recommend you google it.

Has been beat to death quite a few times.