Sponsored

JL Roof

JKguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU Rubicon, '03 GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel, 1995 YJ Laredo
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know for a fact that the JL will replace the roll cage and sport bar setup?
Sponsored

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
I don't think anyone but people close to the program know for a fact. Based on info from people who have given credible info in the past they all say the sport bar is gone for the JL.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
No eye deer. :cool:

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Whatever they do I just hope they make it easier to take the top on and off. As it is it's just a touch too much of a PITA to be doing daily/regularly.

That said I'd like to see the sport bar remain but with the new convertible laws it sounds like the JL will do away with it.

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Why even change the design up? Isn't the roll cage now a large part of the essence of what makes a Wrangler?

Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I'd totally be on board if they go with the three glass/plexiglass panels, with removable opaque tops. And then the ability to remove the entire plexiglass panels themselves, and the rear side windows and back windshield, and quick remove doors.

Since I'm not coming from a previous gen wrangler this setup doesn't seem too restrictive at all.
Double or Triple removable glass sunroofs is dope, no ?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Whatever they do I just hope they make it easier to take the top on and off. As it is it's just a touch too much of a PITA to be doing daily/regularly.

That said I'd like to see the sport bar remain but with the new convertible laws it sounds like the JL will do away with it.
this. Ease of removability and ease of storage is key.

I hope all the roof and window panels store easily in the back tailgate area in a secure way with the ability to store bags and such securely on top of them as well.

I also hope the door removal is made even quicker to release.

I also hope that the sideview mirrors are mounted to the body and not the doors.

PSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Why even change the design up? Isn't the roll cage now a large part of the essence of what makes a Wrangler?
New more stringent rollover regulations. Also not the most faultless design - many owners complained of leaks with roof on. Lastly, the hardtop wasn't easy to take off. The new top design should take care of these common complaints.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
As long as I can do this...

And Ursa Minor Vehicles says they will have a top for the JL. ;o)

jeep-campers-popup_1.jpg

Last edited:

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
As long as I can do this...

And Ursa Minor Vehicles says they will have a top for the JL. ;o)
if somehow a pop up camper could magically be combined with a pano roof, that would be my ultimate top, soft or hard.

My overly educated hippie mother had a multi-color VW bus with a pop up camper when I was in grade school and it was the location of many overnight sleepovers. So dope.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JKguy

JKguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU Rubicon, '03 GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel, 1995 YJ Laredo
Vehicle Showcase
New more stringent rollover regulations. Also not the most faultless design - many owners complained of leaks with roof on. Lastly, the hardtop wasn't easy to take off. The new top design should take care of these common complaints.
I get the rollover regulations, but hey, even though it may not have a traditional top, it will still be a Wrangler. I run both of my wranglers without the top and doors (during the spring and summer, and those really nice days during the fall and winter), When I do decide to buy a JL, which will most likely be when the diesel comes out, I'll do the same thing.

Nmp212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 RAM 1500
I'm more interested in the JT so maybe I'm missing something but what is the main complaint if the sport bar just becomes fixed/steel built on the body? I can see the freedom T top panels more or less staying the same and they make one large piece you can just pop off that opens up the rear seat and trunk. I would think that will make most people happy.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I predict the integrated roof skeleton simply so they can have side air bags.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I wonder if any of the roof speculators/predictors, have attempted to render the JLU with its roof panels and rear windows removed and stored, but also all 4 doors removed?

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Roof {filename}

Last edited:

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
I'd like to see it also. No doors/roof and no sport bar is going to take some adjusting to get used to.
Sponsored