cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Hey @ORACLElights

I went to order my JL reverse lights about a month and a half ago and I heard from a bunch of people that if you have the steel bumper package there was an issue with fitment. I called your company directly and spoke with your representative. She told me the company was aware of the issue and anything built after May 2021 there wouldn't be an issue. I ordered directly through you and waited a month from backorder. Finally got them last week and went to install this weekend. Looks like I am having the same issues as everyone in the past with steel bumpers? Is there still currently an issue with the fitment and Mopar steel bumpers? The right side fit. The left side did not. Just wanted to let others know that could be in the same boat myself.

Thanks,
Chris Ball

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Reverse Lights 20210704_151545

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Reverse Lights 20210704_151558
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Mine were the same I gave it a swift hit with my palm and it went in. I know it's not what you want to do but mine are fine w/ no problems

OP
OP
cball508

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Mine were the same I gave it a swift hit with my palm and it went in. I know it's not what you want to do but mine are fine w/ no problems
I was thinking of doing the same. I figured I would ask first before I attempted it, and with my luck, broke it. All else fails I guess I can give that a shot later. The right side was no where near the left side "fitment-wise" so I figured the two would be similar.

I've also heard you can tie into the trailer hitch wiring instead of running the wire all the way up to the tail lights. Are there any instructions for that?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hey @ORACLElights

I went to order my JL reverse lights about a month and a half ago and I heard from a bunch of people that if you have the steel bumper package there was an issue with fitment. I called your company directly and spoke with your representative. She told me the company was aware of the issue and anything built after May 2021 there wouldn't be an issue. I ordered directly through you and waited a month from backorder. Finally got them last week and went to install this weekend. Looks like I am having the same issues as everyone in the past with steel bumpers? Is there still currently an issue with the fitment and Mopar steel bumpers? The right side fit. The left side did not. Just wanted to let others know that could be in the same boat myself.

Thanks,
Chris Ball

Hi Chris, we understand that you are seeing different fitment on your metal bumper. Our Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL are designed to match the factory plastic bumper, and we did add the beveled edge for an easier install on steel bumpers. However, additional modification may need to be done for a perfect fit on your particular steel bumper.

This is listed on the product page or you can find the instructions HERE. Any additional questions, please let me know.
Sponsored