Sponsored

JL Retractable Sunshade

If it were available now, would you order a JL Retractable Sunshade?

• Total voters

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I personally would love to have a retractable one, lots of times I want some of the sun coming in and having a retractable shade would make it so easy, I have looked at a way to make my fixed shade at least removable without much effort but there’s just no way with the way it clips to the windshield.

Sponsored

griffinm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Found an old video that references one that fits JK and JL’s:

I guess it ended up not fitting JL’s after all?!?!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found an old video that references one that fits JK and JL’s:

I guess it ended up not fitting JL’s after all?!?!
@griffinm

That Bestop rep said nothing .... the video does not claim that particular Bestop sunshade works / plays well with, the Bestop SUNRIDER for Hard Top JL. That offering is for a JL without a Bestop Sunrider installed.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus on the Core Doors, Cassie.
@Pinion

Cassie, is no longer the Bestop rep working this forum. Cassie, (Terrific Rep) the last I heard....was working Sales/Customer Service for Bestop in regard to their Amazon, Bestop store.

Current @Bestop rep for this forum is a fellow named Lee. Lee, carries the ball well.. he is good to communicate/deal with.

Sponsored

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
So the link on their initial post is broken, but the vid just shared this morning by Griffinm shows a product that I think I’d like, so if a JL specific version is like that then I’d change my vote to “I’d get it, depending on the price.” I like the full length option of companies like Spiderwebshade and such, but this would be nice with my soft top to unlatch and put it back and if it’s too sunny then pull this little guy over our heads. Seems nice. I can dig. Idk what I was expecting when I voted…something more mechanical idk lmao feel silly for not thinking this idea would be nice.

griffinm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@griffinm

That Bestop rep said nothing .... the video does not claim that particular Bestop sunshade works / plays well with, the Bestop SUNRIDER for Hard Top JL. That offering is for a JL without a Bestop Sunrider installed.
@Rhinebeck01
The Bestop rep said nothing? Hmmm… he said it’s a retractable sunshade for JK and JL. Isn’t the name of this thread “JL Retractable Sunshade”?. And the product in the video sure looks exactly like the one Bestop sells for the JK. My only point is that at one time in the past, Bestop seemed to have a retractable sunshade for the JL (and the JK) per the video. Just passing along the video since it seems related and of interest to this thread, and is apparently inaccurate since a JL version doesn’t seem to actually exist.
Does the non-existent JL retractable sunshade in the video work with the Sunrider For Hardtop? I have no idea. My post never referenced the Sunrider.

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
"Not enough interest "? Everyone with a Sunrider wants this.
Everyone (ok - maybe not everyone) with a soft top wants one of these too. I just can't see that there is not enough interest in something like this.

What is crazy to me is that they made it for previous models. I understand retooling their production for changes, but hasn't the JL been out long enough that there is a big enough market for this at this point.

At some point, someone will make this and it seems that Bestop would be the best option; but first to market will get the lion's share of sales based on how many people want this today.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I certainly would like it a lot. I like the open air feeling when letting the sunrider down, but it does get pretty hot at times in the day when the sun directly over.

Right now I have the nice Best top sunshade that straps and buttons to the frame of the Jeep overhead. I take it off during the winter so I an use the extra pockets overhead in my Best top Trek top NX.

This would be super convenient, but I guess it's not going to happen.

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
ive got a re-tractable sunshade on my jk sunrider and it great....sign me up for 4 when this happens
Sponsored