hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Are there dealers offering 6-7% below today? with orders placed today are there reasonable delivery times?
I've been following this thread with slight interest but not checking exact numbers. It seems that there is a disconnect somewhere. Yes used prices have always held pretty good, just slightly below new prices. But it sounds like people are being offered more for their used vehicles than they can buy a new one for. That is what isn't making sense. Who is buying a used vehicle from Vroom for more than they could buy a better new vehicle?
definitely still some dealers around doing 6-7%
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
A year ago there were good discounts due to employee pricing, but when those ended about end of May as I recall all of the dealers in my area went back up to near MSRP, or they advertised discounts then tacked on hidden costs to get the final price back up. Maybe pre- calendar year 2020 there were better discounts. I don't think there have been good discounts on in-stock inventory in the past 11 months, at least not within the 1000 mile radius of my area where I was searching.
you will not find a dealer in DFW doing the 6-7%. Closest is Houston area or Missouri.

JimN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
If anyone wants a 2018 Sahara set up with an AIrForce One brake and Blue Ox baseplate.... For enough money I could be convinced. 37,000 miles prox. Would consider a trade for a Gladiator Rubicon, or a Diesel Unlimited. Other possibilities are a Ford f-150 Super Cab 4 x 4 or similar. Must be able to be flat towed. And you have to stand in between my wife and I when the offer is made and accepted. Not sure she'd approve :) and it is mine, not hers, she has a Grand Cherokee.

bonniejf

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Out of curiosity, I checked VROOM and my 2019 2DR 6MT with 33,800 miles is worth $31,313 in Alabama. Original MSRP was $32,570. I paid $28,000 for it 5 months ago and have put 5,000 miles on it of pure fun. I feel like I overpaid at $28k but 2dr manuals are nearly impossible to find and now I feel much better about that! :)

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
Are there dealers offering 6-7% below today? with orders placed today are there reasonable delivery times?
I've been following this thread with slight interest but not checking exact numbers. It seems that there is a disconnect somewhere. Yes used prices have always held pretty good, just slightly below new prices. But it sounds like people are being offered more for their used vehicles than they can buy a new one for. That is what isn't making sense. Who is buying a used vehicle from Vroom for more than they could buy a better new vehicle?
I ordered mine last week. From the build sheet:

MSRP: 46,545
FWP: 44,716

Dealer Quote: 42,162 + TTL

I think that's pretty close to 6%

Dealer is in Lake Charles, LA - a $100 one way flight and five hour drive back for me. Definitely worth it because dealers around here are barely coming off MSRP.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine last week. From the build sheet:

MSRP: 46,545
FWP: 44,716

Dealer Quote: 42,162 + TTL

I think that's pretty close to 6%

Dealer is in Lake Charles, LA - a $100 one way flight and five hour drive back for me. Definitely worth it because dealers around here are barely coming off MSRP.
Also think Neil at DeMontrond in Conroe will get you that level of discount as well.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Thoughts about what? Valuations are up on everything, Aldo. Whatever is put into your left hand will go straight out of your right hand in short order.

Just this morning, I stopped to look at a 2003 Jeep TJ with 181K. It was no better than a 40' vehicle, with a shopworn provenance increasingly evident as I approached it. $8K firm; tailgate and rocker cancer included. Perhaps it's the seller's ticket out of poverty.

Out of curiosity, I too have been looking up current valuations/list prices/starting auction bids for a variety of things that I own. Some have wheels, some don't.

I had estimated, for example, that one particular item might now be worth almost twice what I paid for it just two years ago (I'll leave you to guess the item.) Turns out, my estimate was too low...by almost an order of magnitude. 😶

At least one market-affiliated site values my 2021 Jeep for more than I paid for it (a four figure variance).

Best to hold one's position and keep one's powder dry, say I.

HD Plywood 27th April 2021.jpg
Tell me about it, building a home right now and lumber costs are insane especially anything requiring resin/adhesive (OSB, plywood, LVL, etc). Some items have 26 week lead times (windows for one).

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I didn't find this forum until after I made my order and paid the deposit :like:
Still a great deal even with flight and travel. Make sure to check tire pressure before 5hr drive home. Many dealers crank that psi super high and that I-10 drive will not be fun :)

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
The resale prices of these Jeeps, coupled with the chip supply chain issues, is exactly why I now need to wait at least until Fall before getting a new vehicle.

I'm glad you guys are getting more than you paid for your vehicles, I mean, who has ever been able to say something like that? I'm just not going to pay for inflated prices.

Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I think Wranglers in general are insane right now. I can't find a good shape TJ Rubicon for less than $17K. $20K seems to be the norm. $20,000 for a 15yo 4x4 with 120,000 on the clicker. THAT, is insane.
Try looking at the price of old Toyotas.

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
O
Ordered a new 80th anniversary JLU from Gupton in Tennessee 2 weeks ago. He does 6% below invoice standard then another 1% each for Tread Lightly membership and financing with them. Total 8%. Jeep Chat told me today that our Jeep is built and waiting on additional parts to be installed

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm glad you guys are getting more than you paid for your vehicles, I mean, who has ever been able to say something like that?
Me. :) Granted, I was selling an MGB with which I won Best in Class the year prior.

On a related note: I've been using Armslist and Gunbroker to get a sense of the market values for what I may (or may not) have in the safe. Suffice to say, Vroom valuations can't hold a candle to the $$$$ that I could walk away with.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Me. :) Granted, I was selling an MGB with which I won Best in Class the year prior.

On a related note: I've been using Armslist and Gunbroker to get a sense of the market values for what I may (or may not) have in the safe. Suffice to say, Vroom valuations can't hold a candle to the $$$$ that I could walk away with.
You never sell firearms, you find them new friends.

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Kelly Blue Book says my 2018 Sahara with every major option on it and only 6,200 miles is worth $45,000 to a dealer. I paid $38,000 four months before the pandemic hit.

I added about $3,500 in Katzkin leather seats and a Mopar lift.

I barely drive it. I am tempted to get the cash and run. Perhaps wait a few months for the market to cool off and see what else to get.

I still have the OE wheels and front bumper. I may swap the Quadratec wheels and steel bumper and sell them separately. I never got around to installing the winch.

Thoughts?
How much for the winch if your selling it??? ✋
Sponsored