JL picture thread

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Both look like export models the license plate is below the spare tire. I don't think there is a US Sahara 2 door. These may be optioned up Sports with the painted flares. Most of the Sahara mules had the multi spoke rims not 5 spoke.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Or maybe mules with mismatched parts? If you’re looking at mules to give you an indication of final configurations, you will likely be very confused.

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Both look like export models the license plate is below the spare tire. I don't think there is a US Sahara 2 door. These may be optioned up Sports with the painted flares. Most of the Sahara mules had the multi spoke rims not 5 spoke.
Those are base Sahara wheels. Also, the painted flares and roof point into the Sahara direction as well. Maybe they will be export only for the 2 door.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It amazes me how people are complaining about the looks when the darned thing looks just like a Jeep. I've shown pictures to people who aren't Jeep nuts, and they can't tell it from a JK. So there's a bunch of worry and such about nothing. Personally, I like the subtle changes, but they are subtle evolutionary changes, not radical.

The good news is that people can still get a nice JK if they don't like it. They'll also shortly be able to get a myriad of modifications to make it suit their desires, just like with......every Jeep before the JL.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Agree 100%

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I agree also, i think it's one of the best parts of the redesign
I suppose if you like the look of a Hummer of FJ cruiser (or TJ :()then you're OK with the turn signals in the flares. :devil::bandit:

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really wish the Wrangler badge on the side was an emblem like “Jeep” and “Sahara” vs just a decal.
I'm glad it's a decal, I remove those on day one. My Jeep is a Jeep, not a Wrangler. :) When someone says Jeep, what image comes to mind?

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice Rubi!! Tho ever since I noticed it, it kinda bugs me. I like the High Line front fenders but overall the Jeep looks off because the front and rear fenders are not lined up! Why does this bug me?!? Hoping it looks better in person and then will see if its an option I want.

Hmmm...Maybe jack up the rear fender to even it out??

Red tow hooks are saved for the Hard Rock/Recon...
If you look at the standard front fenders, on the JL and JK, the fronts are higher than the rears. I agree the hi-line fenders make the mismatch more obvious but I'm not sure it bothers me that much. I am anal about these things (e.g. soft top side window alignment and rear sag). I'm torn between the hi-lines hiding the coincident fender indentation with the top of the stock flare and a more aligned look. But in the end, I will be installing aftermarket flares and a grille with turn signals :). I have several years to let the aftermarket develop before I sell my JK. More aftermarket part choices in a few years. :)

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate the inserts in the grill and lights. Not typically a fan of aftermarket grills but one will be necessary to make the JL look less than horrible.
I think the mesh is a good thing. As others have pointed out, the mesh can protect the radiator. I am not a fan of the trim around the grill slots or around the headlights. More times than not, less is more.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose if you like the look of a Hummer of FJ cruiser (or TJ :()then you're OK with the turn signals in the flares. :devil::bandit:
...Or the TJ. I have no problem with it. It works well with a winch mounted on top of the bumper.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
It amazes me how people are complaining about the looks when the darned thing looks just like a Jeep. I've shown pictures to people who aren't Jeep nuts, and they can't tell it from a JK. So there's a bunch of worry and such about nothing. Personally, I like the subtle changes, but they are subtle evolutionary changes, not radical.

The good news is that people can still get a nice JK if they don't like it. They'll also shortly be able to get a myriad of modifications to make it suit their desires, just like with......every Jeep before the JL.
Yeah, most people who aren't Jeep fanatics can't really tell the difference between the JK and the JL. Not that that's a bad thing.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

Spot on my friend

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah, most people who aren't Jeep fanatics can't really tell the difference between the JK and the JL. Not that that's a bad thing.
Maybe my wife won't notice I swapped my jku out :)

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
I'm glad it's a decal, I remove those on day one. My Jeep is a Jeep, not a Wrangler. :) When someone says Jeep, what image comes to mind?
Then you removed Rubicon too? Or didn’t the ‘14s come with hood stickers?

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, 2014 FJ Cruiser
I'm not following - the FJs turn signals are not in the flares....
Sponsored