Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We were having a hard time deciding which of the JL Phone Mounts to go with so we decided to try the ProClip, Rugged Ridge Dash Multi Mount 13551.23, and the 67 Designs and compare them all in our latest video:
Sponsored

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Good video! Had the D67 ordered for week now, excited to get it... Expensive but really nice and don't think i'll have any regrets.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
After watching the video I think I eliminated the Rugged Ridge option for myself. I wouldn't want a charging cord dangling across the middle of the Infotainment screen. Hard to tell how much one would get in the way with the other two, but you can at least move them a little bit.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Have a Ram Mount on the CMM mirror mod ball.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
After watching the video I think I eliminated the Rugged Ridge option for myself. I wouldn't want a charging cord dangling across the middle of the Infotainment screen. Hard to tell how much one would get in the way with the other two, but you can at least move them a little bit.
The ProClip offering is the only one of the 3 that you can position so there is no blocking of the radio screen.

IF you position the ProClip just to the rt. of the steering wheel and just to the left of the radio screen, view of radio is not impacted, phone is at a height where it does not block forward field of vision.

Also, the charge cord on the Pro Clip mounted phone......... well, down low and not an issue.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I currently have 2 ProClip units in my cars and have recommended the said for years. Everyone that gets them loves the PC set-up. However, for my incoming JLUR, I have purchased a 67 Designs set-up. Just changing it up and trying something new this time.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Andy2434

Curious... for you, is the mounts intended use, just to hold your smartphone?

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have a vector off-road rail mount with 67 design arms and akron mount 200mm ball mount additions. This allows iPhone, iPad and radio mounts to be interchangeable. I made the radio mount with one of Akron Mount’s flat plate ball mounts and Velcro. So far so good. Also interchangeable with my husband’s BuiltRight in his f150.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes . . . To hold phone/charge in a convenient location while driving.
Suggest you try it for a few days before you cut the rubber mat. I do think you will feel the phone in the mount obscures the radio screen too much. Got a feeling you are gonna say, no way after you set it up...

I can see guys that are wanting the mount big ipads, etc. and they will be willing to deal with what I mention.

It's to bad guys/gals can't experience each mount and then make a decision.

Looking forward to your feedback on the mount..

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Suggest you try it for a few days before you cut the rubber mat. I do think you will feel the phone in the mount obscures the radio screen too much. Got a feeling you are gonna say, no way after you set it up...

I can see guys that are wanting the mount big ipads, etc. and they will be willing to deal with what I mention.

It's to bad guys/gals can't experience each mount and then make a decision.

Looking forward to your feedback on the mount..
Yes, I will. Based on the above video, the 67 unit places the phone in the best position for myself. It also affords the adjustibilty, which the I am looking for.

The downside is that my JLUR is in transit on a railcar. The earliest eta is 12/08.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have 2 ProClip units in my cars and have recommended the said for years. Everyone that gets them loves the PC set-up. However, for my incoming JLUR, I have purchased a 67 Designs set-up. Just changing it up and trying something new this time.
You won’t be disappointed! I have used ProClip in many cars and will continue to do so in other vehicles but for my application in the JL I think the 67d puts the phone in the best position.

We are going to keep the ProClip and use it on the passenger side for road trips and stuff.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
67 Designs wants way too much IMO. Love the idea but no way it costs that much to manufacture. Albeit, I could be wrong. Their profit margin must be insane.
I agree they are a bit pricey but it is a nice mount.