JL Order - % under MSRP

Nerb

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Looking to place an order for a new JL. Dealer is quoting 8% under MSRP. Is this a fair quote?

Howard
There's a dealer just outside of Kansas City (Heartland Jeep) that is sell the Wrangler JL a little more than 5% off of invoice plus a $299 fee. The best deal I could find. Ask for Red.
Sponsored

ewaetzman

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JLU)
Bought my from D’Ambrosio in Downingtown, PA. Ordered a well optioned Rubicon for just shy of $52k. I was able to negotiate the price down to $46,006, including destination. Took some time but totally worth it.

k9chita

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to place an order for a new JL. Dealer is quoting 8% under MSRP. Is this a fair quote?

Howard
I got 5% below invoice at Adam's in Annapolis.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Ordered a well optioned Rubicon for just shy of $52k. I was able to negotiate the price down to $46,006, including destination. Took some time but totally worth it.
Shows you what crazy mark-ups and gouge-ups the msrp prices are . You got a 11.6 discount off msrp , so the dealer gross profit must be at least $ 12K if they sold for msrp . Even after your discount the dealers are still making $6K gross profit . You negotiated an excellent deal , friend .

If you wore the suit in your photo , then you might have scared them into giving you the big discount , lol .

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Right now I have a deal for 5% off invoice with a dealer about 4 hours away. I don't think my local dealer can get close but I'm going to try. Local also has a ridiculous documentation fee of $750
Not sure where in NC you are but Tti-City will do 6% off with an AR code and have low doc fees.

Sponsored

Danimalnutz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Mojito Rubicon 4dr Soft Top
Bought my from D’Ambrosio in Downingtown, PA. Ordered a well optioned Rubicon for just shy of $52k. I was able to negotiate the price down to $46,006, including destination. Took some time but totally worth it.
that's a great deal I leased 2 vans for my wife there but could only get 3% below invoice out of those guys. I went down the street in Coatesville and got 6% below invoice. Congrats on the rubi.

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
Percent off MSRP meaningless because of different markup on different models. Sport invoice only 500 under MSRP. Rubicon about 2000 difference. 8% off MSRP is a very good price on a Sport but way too much to pay for a Rubi, especially one loaded up with options.

MixmasterST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte
So if the MSRP here is $49,000, 10% below would be $44,100. Is that where you would start with negotiating or ask even lower? Any way to find out invoice price based off of this? Also, anybody have any idea what the other acronyms here mean (FFP, EP etc)

Thanks!!

F0BAA5D8-637E-4BBE-B59E-EDC718A0D514.jpeg

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
So if the MSRP here is $49,000, 10% below would be $44,100. Is that where you would start with negotiating or ask even lower? Any way to find out invoice price based off of this? Also, anybody have any idea what the other acronyms here mean (FFP, EP etc)

Thanks!!
Why wouldn't you start with $40-41k? They will say no, and the back and forth will continue until you agree on a number. Hopefully a number below 44k.

MixmasterST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte
Why wouldn't you start with $40-41k? They will say no, and the back and forth will continue until you agree on a number. Hopefully a number below 44k.
True - i guess i’m more so wondering what a realistic price is.. 44k for a pretty loaded rubicon seems like an great deal - is that around what other people have been paying?

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door

Thanks!!

F0BAA5D8-637E-4BBE-B59E-EDC718A0D514.jpeg
EP is Employee Pricing which is pretty good. Others will tell you they have done better but I'm happy with EP from a local dealer so no travel expenses.

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
True - i guess i’m more so wondering what a realistic price is.. 44k for a pretty loaded rubicon seems like an great deal - is that around what other people have been paying?
I think anywhere between $43-44k is a good price. Good luck!

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Anyone get a good deal near Richmond, Virginia? I'm holding out for diesel and I want a fully loaded Sahara with the power top. Trying to plan out where I'm either going to order from or shop at
Sponsored