Sponsored

JL Order - % under MSRP

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
That is roughly 8% off invoice employee is normally 4.5%ish. That is a great deal you have in hand did you get it in NC? I would snatch that deal up
I wish that was my deal but just posted it as an example.

Is "EP" the invoice price most are using for negotiating? Anyone know the name of the document shown in my example? I don't want to start negotiating off the wrong number.
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I wish that was my deal but just posted it as an example.

Is "EP" the invoice price most are using for negotiating? Anyone know the name of the document shown in my example? I don't want to start negotiating off the wrong number.
Hi Bud , if you sold your JK , what are you driving now ? Just curious .

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I can't figure out what number to use when negotiating 5% off invoice, FWP, FFP, EP or Other? See attached example, also what is this document called?
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 4.31.46 PM.png
What you have there is POC, or purchase order contract, but obviously an old one, as it doesn't reflect the current price/destination fee. FWP is invoice, FFP is friends and family pricing and EP is employee pricing. The price quoted is 3% below EP, which is an excellent price (though old8 isn't wrong about the dealer's profit). You won't find much lower anywhere notionally. When you do finally get your POC, make sure it's signed by the sales manager, and that you have any trade guarantee in writing.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What you have there is POC, or purchase order contract, but obviously an old one, as it doesn't reflect the current price/destination fee. FWP is invoice, FFP is friends and family pricing and EP is employee pricing. The price quoted is 3% below EP, which is an excellent price (though old8 isn't wrong about the dealer's profit). You won't find much lower anywhere notionally. When you do finally get your POC, make sure it's signed by the sales manager, and that you have any trade guarantee in writing.
Just so I have this right, if I want 5% under invoice take 5% off FWP?

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Just so I have this right, if I want 5% under invoice take 5% off FWP?
Take 10% off msrp and that will be a 50-50 split with the stealer and you . But if you special order they will maybe give you 8% off msrp , which is more than fair , considering they are in business , after all . You made a very good choice to wait for a 2-door .

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Yes. There are a few calculators that you can use around here, and make sure you watch the added fees, which can add 2-4% back on if you're not careful. 5% below FWP/invoice should get you around 11% below MSRP, so it's the same ballpark. Plenty of dealers are doing that (or better) depending on where in the country you plan to buy. Search the forum and you could save a lot of $.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. There are a few calculators that you can use around here, and make sure you watch the added fees, which can add 2-4% back on if you're not careful. 5% below FWP/invoice should get you around 11% below MSRP, so it's the same ballpark. Plenty of dealers are doing that (or better) depending on where in the country you plan to buy. Search the forum and you could save a lot of $.
Right now I have a deal for 5% off invoice with a dealer about 4 hours away. I don't think my local dealer can get close but I'm going to try. Local also has a ridiculous documentation fee of $750

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the link for the calculators if it is not too much trouble? I haven't seen those yet.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Sponsored

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Dennis Dillon is the best discount for the buyer , but that involves a long trip back from Idaho , and an airline ticket going there . What if the new Jeep has a sudden electronics problem in the badlands ? Ya think Dennis Dillon will send a mechanic 600 miles into the badlands to rescue you ? Ha ! That's where the poor quality control in building the electronics becomes very important .

I doubt it. But, we're on the same page. I would have paid more money at Peterson because they are closest to my house and I would have liked for the quality sales guy to get something for his hospitality.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I doubt it. But, we're on the same page. I would have paid more money at Peterson because they are closest to my house and I would have liked for the quality sales guy to get something for his hospitality.
I agree that the sales guy I spoke with at Peterson is an hospitable fellow ; but the sales guys I spoke with at Dave Smith and Dennis Dillon were also hospitable fellows . Peterson and Dennis Dillon are not far from each other , Caldwell and Nampa are close .

If the prices were close , the make or break issues with me would be : (a) a mandatory LONG test drive before purchase , to check out the electronic systems , and (b) a weld check underneath to see if the welds are solid . If they don't want me to inspect my special order first , before signing , then I'd walk away .

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
I agree that the sales guy I spoke with at Peterson is an hospitable fellow ; but the sales guys I spoke with at Dave Smith and Dennis Dillon were also hospitable fellows . Peterson and Dennis Dillon are not far from each other , Caldwell and Nampa are close .

If the prices were close , the make or break issues with me would be : (a) a mandatory LONG test drive before purchase , to check out the electronic systems , and (b) a weld check underneath to see if the welds are solid . If they don't want me to inspect my special order first , before signing , then I'd walk away .
Agreed.

My sales guy at DD did a good job. No complaints. I was encouraged to inspect the vehicle at delivery and was given a thorough overview of the electronics/ lockers/ etc. And, they accommodated my abbreviated schedule. I would 10/10 purchase from them again.

I think we're getting the thread off track.

Is the original offer a good one? I'd take it. Especially if the only other offer was from a dealership that is 4 hrs away.