JL Lean

SRP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You mean OCD - a wrangler will not be your friend.

Fuel levels, passenger weight, cargo weight, spring/shock/tire wear, and psi are just a few things that will all cause disproportionate heights around your Jeep.

You can’t really be accurate by measuring with a tape measure off “level” ground, parts on the Jeep all have manufacturing tolerances and most stack up issues when assembled. There is also measurement error in any study.

Enjoy your Jeep, as you drive, flex and off-road geometry will change a bit, as long as driveabilty isn’t affected keep Jeepin....
Sounds like great advice, thanks
Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
mine did. had an extra spring spacer and it made it almost perfect. much better then stock. i agree it is annoying.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
most cars have a slight lean to passenger side.....most of the time driver is only passenger so it balances out by drivers weight

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I thought only corvette owners would be concerned and debating over a 1/4” lol

SRP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just had a MC GC lift installed on my “stock” JLUR. Had more than 3/4” of lean, with 3/8” of savers in the RR. Took it out unlocked the sway bar and bounced it around the trails a little. Got it home and measured it again. All evened out. Well, +/- 1/8” but definitely good enough for government work.

Sponsored

JLmidwest

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys
My 2 door has 1/4 to 1/2 inch lean depending on how much fuel is in it. It's probably level when I'm sitting in it though.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
After decades of driving all manner of CJs and TJs, none leaned as bad as my '21 2-door JL Sport. My stock configuration leans about 1/2" to the passenger side, regardless of fuel level, and I agree that it is pretty annoying and looks like crap.

Two dealerships said that it is normal when compared to other Wranglers, so I asked them to show me others on the lot. In both cases, there wasn't a single Wrangler with the lean, including used ones that were waiting in line for service. The service reps felt pretty stupid and embarrassed after that, but could only chalk it up to yet another "Jeep thing," which isn't surprising.

Even though I hadn't planned to lift my Wrangler, I have been thinking about installing the mildest Clayton lift possible (1.5 inches), but I'm still not sure if this will solve the problem. Just curious if others have tried this or if anyone has figured out the cause of the leaning issue since this thread was started. Thanks in advance for your feedback and happy Jeepin'!
Sponsored