JL is Pretty Awesome

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
The OP is from PR and says he's primarily on the beach. Seriously....... 3 pages in and nobody has asked for pics on the beach? Some of us are just getting thru Winter don't you know!!
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Hi Everyone. Been here on and off for a while obviously I don't post much. Just got a new JL today. Nothing special a Unlimited Sport S, but it suits my needs just fine. I'm coming from a 97 TJ straight 4 with 197K miles. Having driven the TJ for the last 20 years I have to say these new JL's are pretty amazing. There's a lot of gripping on here about this rattle, how it handles, getting wet when opening the doors, noise etc... If your complaining about any of these things my guess is you have not spent much time in an older Jeep. The JL is like driving a space ship compared to my TJ. Was absolutely blown away on the ride home about how great these new JLs are and put 80 miles on the Jeep already; quite a few those being on the beach which is my main use for the Jeep. Anyway just thought I would give the JL a well deserved shout out.
Agree with you. Pull a camper from Michigan to Moab, then to California while wheeling difficult trails like the Rubicon and drive it home while being comfy the whole time. I would tell you wheeling in the winter with the heated steering wheel and heated seats on with the top flipped back and the extremely hot air blowing out the dash vents is awesome too.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep warangler sport
Thank you for all the comments and help. We are at Pismo Beach for the first time. Everything is still stock on it. If i go out on the beach i can just put it in 4 wheel high correct? No need to air down right? Our my tires to small to go in the dunes or ca i just go on the sand highway? I am not much of a sport driver. I just like to cruise and have lunch on the beach with the wife.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've been on that beach with much less than my jeep. No need to air down if you stick to the main route. Only issue would be if you followed the ATVs to the drier dunes away from the beach.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hi Everyone. Been here on and off for a while obviously I don't post much. Just got a new JL today. Nothing special a Unlimited Sport S, but it suits my needs just fine. I'm coming from a 97 TJ straight 4 with 197K miles. Having driven the TJ for the last 20 years I have to say these new JL's are pretty amazing. There's a lot of gripping on here about this rattle, how it handles, getting wet when opening the doors, noise etc... If your complaining about any of these things my guess is you have not spent much time in an older Jeep. The JL is like driving a space ship compared to my TJ. Was absolutely blown away on the ride home about how great these new JLs are and put 80 miles on the Jeep already; quite a few those being on the beach which is my main use for the Jeep. Anyway just thought I would give the JL a well deserved shout out.
All True words...I also had a 97-TJ.... Extremely rough rid, JL is a dream compared to a TJ.

Sponsored

CulpMinMn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2001 TJ, 2014 WK2
My JLURD is nice, with all the creature comforts and is night and day difference compared to the TJ. But with that said, like my golden retriever and moonshine, I will never ever abandon my TJ.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL is Pretty Awesome 1793C0FA-7201-43F0-806F-7721EDFEF01B

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for all the comments and help. We are at Pismo Beach for the first time. Everything is still stock on it. If i go out on the beach i can just put it in 4 wheel high correct? No need to air down right? Our my tires to small to go in the dunes or ca i just go on the sand highway? I am not much of a sport driver. I just like to cruise and have lunch on the beach with the wife.
You will be fine along the shore, but you will want to air down on the sand dunes. It will make all the difference between coming out of a bowl and getting stuck inside.

The sand between the end of the paved road and the start of the beach is usually very loose. A lot of vehicles get stuck in that section. If you don’t air down, the secret is to maintain momentum --i.e., 5-10 MPH-- through it.

To avoid the ATVs, hit the sand dunes before 10am.

If you don’t have an air compressor, Kautz Chevron, on Grand Ave., Grover Beach, offers free use of its air pump.

Kautz Chevron
(805) 489-2279
https://goo.gl/maps/59pZwvAhecyVYuWG9

Have fun!

Last edited:
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep warangler sport
Good morning. We are still currently on our west coast beach trip and having a great time towing and using the jeep! Tons of fun cruising on Pismo Beach and staying on the hard sand and staying off the dunes as viewed in the post. Great fun!!!! Wife loved the fire on beach playing her music from the jeep.

We are currently at Samoa Dues Rec area and there are some low dunes and but lots of beach to explore. There are a few more places like this that we would like to explore. Do I always have to have a pole and a red flag in the jeep to drive in these places? What would be the best upgrade for me to drive in these places? #1 bigger tires correct? compressor to air up and down?

Thanks,
Jeep Wrangler JL JL is Pretty Awesome Screenshot_20210722-160456
Jeep Wrangler JL JL is Pretty Awesome Screenshot_20210722-160502

Dave
Samoa Dunes Recreation Area
Sponsored