JL Fenders Install

TRMFAM

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone install the JL fenders from NVM?

I received mine but as I understand it the instructions are not finished yet. Appears to be several different bolt sizes and rivnuts.
Curious if anyone has installed and has some tips.
Many thanks,
Rob
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You'd better duck. People here get their panties in a wad whenever a Lite Brite video is posted. Apparently their masculinity and morality is threatened.

Sponsored

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

You'd better duck. People here get their panties in a wad whenever a Lite Brite video is posted. Apparently their masculinity and morality is threatened.
I ain’t skeered of a little name calling and hurt feelings

OP
OP
TRMFAM

TRMFAM

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disclaimer I have AAL inner fenders front (already installed) and rear installed at same time as NVM fenders.

Mostly finished need a little more tuning on the rears but they were definitely the easiest to do and all the bolt variances made sense as to what went where. Not super happy with the gap even with the filler plate as I did not purchase the corner armor. I ended up adding some foam tape to reduce the gap. Pass AAL can’t get a couple of the dzus in and need to tweak it.

The fronts were more challenging for me and I need to double check I have drl functionality I have not seen any white light work at all but the turns and hazards in yellow work perfectly and I can plug the stock light back in and it lights up. Also have seen the dash message twice the left front turn signal is out then goes off?

Would be pretty fast to do another set and especially fast if not for the AAL inners.

OP
OP
TRMFAM

TRMFAM

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Issue with the drl was a short between the drivers seat and steering wheel. Turns out you have to pull out of the garage for your headlights to go off and the drl to come on! Who knew.
Still getting quick flashing blinker every use and intermittent turn signal out message. Will have to call NVM and see if they have any advice.
Leaning towards having them painted to match body. Thoughts?
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Fenders Install IMG_6321
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Fenders Install IMG_6320

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

Are the external turn signals blinking at a normal rate but you are getting hyper flash of the turn signal and bulb out message on the dash?
As a last resort you can tell the vehicle to ignore the cause of this with a Tazer or JSCAN.

Edited to add…those fenders are bad ass…my vote is for body color

Last edited:

Sponsored

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Issue with the drl was a short between the drivers seat and steering wheel. Turns out you have to pull out of the garage for your headlights to go off and the drl to come on! Who knew.
Still getting quick flashing blinker every use and intermittent turn signal out message. Will have to call NVM and see if they have any advice.
Leaning towards having them painted to match body. Thoughts?
Looks nice! I think color matched to the Jeep would look even better.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm going against the crowd but I like them raw colored. If you color-matched them they wouldn't stand out as much and those "bad-ass" fenders should stand out!

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nextventuremotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 Willys VJ, 1973 Jeep Commando, 18 JL , 21 JT
Occupation
CAD Designer, Adventure Machine Outfitter
Anyone install the JL fenders from NVM?

I received mine but as I understand it the instructions are not finished yet. Appears to be several different bolt sizes and rivnuts.
Curious if anyone has installed and has some tips.
Many thanks,
Rob
Hey Rob,

I've been out doing events/event prep most of May 19th through June 1st and I just saw this.

We are working on some full length install videos, but we did publish this 30 second summary a few months back that will get you 90% of the information here for the front flares:

The rear flares are a bit easier as you don't have any LEDS to plug in, and you don't have to remove any factory brackets (just the flares) and rivet nuts install where the factory flare mounting holes were.

I'll update this post once I've got the full length videos published!

Best,
-Dan

OP
OP
TRMFAM

TRMFAM

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed the rears are really easy and self explanatory. I struggled some with the front but I also had to cut my own brackets for the aal inners to work. There is a shot glass moment when you start cutting off the front stock brackets and realize there is no going back! Haha
No one can tell from the pics but I appreciate your products and running your front and rear bumpers as well as the skids and everything top notch.

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nextventuremotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 Willys VJ, 1973 Jeep Commando, 18 JL , 21 JT
Occupation
CAD Designer, Adventure Machine Outfitter
Agreed the rears are really easy and self explanatory. I struggled some with the front but I also had to cut my own brackets for the aal inners to work. There is a shot glass moment when you start cutting off the front stock brackets and realize there is no going back! Haha
No one can tell from the pics but I appreciate your products and running your front and rear bumpers as well as the skids and everything top notch.
Appreciate it Rob! I hear you on the shot glass moment; I had one of those trimming out the rear wheel wells on the JL for the 42" tire kit.... those will be coming with a nice cutting jig when we release the kit 😅I always want to know that's it's well worth it before crossing those points of no return.
Sponsored