JL Delivery Checklist

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
Does the 2 door come with a freedom top storage bag? Just picked up my 2020 and couldn’t find it
The general consensus over on the interactive checklist thread was that if you get a soft top that comes boxed (Dual Top Group) or added on as a supplement to a hard top equipped vehicle, there is a light wrap-like piece included in the box. Some folks thought it was packing material. Others thought it could be used for storage of the top. We decided to call it a "wrap", as it was not a heavy duty zippered bag, or anything like that.

Also, it doesn't appear to come with a JL that is factory equipped with the soft-top installed. You only get it if your soft top comes boxed.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
The general consensus over on the interactive checklist thread was that if you get a soft top that comes boxed (Dual Top Group) or added on as a supplement to a hard top equipped vehicle, there is a light wrap-like piece included in the box. Some folks thought it was packing material. Others thought it could be used for storage of the top. We decided to call it a "wrap", as it was not a heavy duty zippered bag, or anything like that.

Also, it doesn't appear to come with a JL that is factory equipped with the soft-top installed. You only get it if your soft top comes boxed.

Hope this helps.
So people who only ordered the freedom hard top are not receiving a freedom panel storage bag?

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
So people who only ordered the freedom hard top are not receiving a freedom panel storage bag?
Sorry, it appears I misread your post. My apologies.

I believe you should have received the freedom panel storage bag with the hard top.

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Sorry, it appears I misread your post. My apologies.

I believe you should have received the freedom panel storage bag with the hard top.
Thanks for response.

I called the dealership. It should have been there. They’re ordering me one for free (well, not really, since it was on the window sticker)

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does the 2 door come with a freedom top storage bag? Just picked up my 2020 and couldn’t find it
Yes it does. Mine was in the back.

Sponsored

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi A4 Avant s-line, 2012 Subi Impreza sport hatchback, 2010 MB GL350, 2013 Lotus Evora S, 2020 JLU Sahara
Didn’t see it mentioned, sorry if I missed it, but if you get the power sliding roof (Sky one touch), you also get a storage bag for the rear quarter windows.

Last edited:

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
Used the original base checklist and expanded it to include items specific to MY custom order. If it's useful to others, feel free to use it. I'll probably add more as I think of them - like a look underneath to ensure the correct skid plates are there, a check to ensure my tire selection matches, etc. For an item like the 240 amp alternator, I could either check it with a multi-meter, or...and probably easier, check the part number...

Delivery Inspection Checklist

VIN (insert here)

Model: 2020 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON

General:

1. Two sets of keys

2. Jeep mini ratchet set/Torx (for hardtop/windshield/doors)

3. Lugnut key (if you have locking lugs)

4. Freedom top storage bag (if equipped)

5. Carpet floor mats standard (but not if all season mats are equipped)

6. JL Wrangler Owners Manual/Warranty guide (may just be in your Jeep’s infotainment system only). Not 100%, but can be printed if requested directly through Jeep.

7. Jeep hitch receiver rubber insert (if trailer towing group is equipped)

8. Towing Pkg only: small baggie with tubing and splices.

9. Rubicon only: MOPAR Black Fuel Filler Door

10. Block heater option, you need to be sure you get the removable cord that is part of the block heater kit (and look under your hood for it if not in a separate bag)

11. Rear Cargo cubby rubber mat (on 4 door)

12. Rubber mats inside your center console

13. Velcro straps if you have a sun rider top

14. If you get the Trail Management Cargo System, the cargo compartment floor-mat is included

15. Trail Management Cargo System option should include 6 tie down blocks

Specific to my custom order:

1. Prem Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats- Black

2. Cold Weather Group

a. Heated Front Seats

b. Heated Steering Wheel

3. Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group

a. Aux Switches

b. 240 Amp Alternator

c. 700 Amp Maintenance Free Battery

d. 7 and 4 Pin Wiring Harness

e. Class II Receiver Hitch

4. LED Lighting Group

a. LED Taillamps

b. Front LED Fog Lamps

c. LED Reflector Headlamps

d. Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents

5. 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group

a. GPS Navigation

b. GPS Antenna Input

c. Alpine Premium Audio System

d. 8.4" Touchscreen Display

e. Apple Car Play (Apple matters to me to match my phones - flip for Android Auto as desired)

6. Steel Bumper Group

a. Steel Front Bumper

b. Front License Plate Bracket

c. Steel Rear Bumper

7. Aux Battery

8. Hill Descent Control

9. Cargo Group w/ Trail Rail System

10. Cargo Compartment Floor Mat

11. 8-Spd Auto 850RE Trans

12. 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine w/ ESS

13. Rear View Auto Dim Mirror

14. Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

15. Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top

16. Body Color Fender Flares

17. Firecracker Red C/C

18. MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement

Bill Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Used the original base checklist and expanded it to include items specific to MY custom order. If it's useful to others, feel free to use it. I'll probably add more as I think of them - like a look underneath to ensure the correct skid plates are there, a check to ensure my tire selection matches, etc. For an item like the 240 amp alternator, I could either check it with a multi-meter, or...and probably easier, check the part number...

Delivery Inspection Checklist

VIN (insert here)

Model: 2020 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON

General:

1. Two sets of keys

2. Jeep mini ratchet set/Torx (for hardtop/windshield/doors)

3. Lugnut key (if you have locking lugs)

4. Freedom top storage bag (if equipped)

5. Carpet floor mats standard (but not if all season mats are equipped)

6. JL Wrangler Owners Manual/Warranty guide (may just be in your Jeep’s infotainment system only). Not 100%, but can be printed if requested directly through Jeep.

7. Jeep hitch receiver rubber insert (if trailer towing group is equipped)

8. Towing Pkg only: small baggie with tubing and splices.

9. Rubicon only: MOPAR Black Fuel Filler Door

10. Block heater option, you need to be sure you get the removable cord that is part of the block heater kit (and look under your hood for it if not in a separate bag)

11. Rear Cargo cubby rubber mat (on 4 door)

12. Rubber mats inside your center console

13. Velcro straps if you have a sun rider top

14. If you get the Trail Management Cargo System, the cargo compartment floor-mat is included

15. Trail Management Cargo System option should include 6 tie down blocks

Specific to my custom order:

1. Prem Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats- Black

2. Cold Weather Group

a. Heated Front Seats

b. Heated Steering Wheel

3. Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group

a. Aux Switches

b. 240 Amp Alternator

c. 700 Amp Maintenance Free Battery

d. 7 and 4 Pin Wiring Harness

e. Class II Receiver Hitch

4. LED Lighting Group

a. LED Taillamps

b. Front LED Fog Lamps

c. LED Reflector Headlamps

d. Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents

5. 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group

a. GPS Navigation

b. GPS Antenna Input

c. Alpine Premium Audio System

d. 8.4" Touchscreen Display

e. Apple Car Play (Apple matters to me to match my phones - flip for Android Auto as desired)

6. Steel Bumper Group

a. Steel Front Bumper

b. Front License Plate Bracket

c. Steel Rear Bumper

7. Aux Battery

8. Hill Descent Control

9. Cargo Group w/ Trail Rail System

10. Cargo Compartment Floor Mat

11. 8-Spd Auto 850RE Trans

12. 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine w/ ESS

13. Rear View Auto Dim Mirror

14. Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

15. Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top

16. Body Color Fender Flares

17. Firecracker Red C/C

18. MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
How does this Mopar Hinge-Gate reinforcement actually work? Please, can you check the part number?

BLAM

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Alright so bit of a long post but I got my 21' 2dr Rubicon a few weeks ago and took it on a road trip for 1,600+ miles, I encountered 2 errors and notated them to FCA and my Dealer. Below are my experiences and how I fixed them, TL;DR will be at bottom.

Specs of my JL: Rubicon, 2dr, 3.6 w/ e-torque, 8 speed automatic, soft top, All other packages Minus Cold weather and Advanced Cruise.

Problem 1: Until I was back in my hometown in Minnesota I had disabled Auto Stop Start (ESS). While it was enabled in Minnesota I came to a red light, it shut the jeep off, Light turned green, it killed the jeep when I let off the brake. (No big deal right? WRONG) I was sitting at the light trying to turn my Jeep engine back on or even shift. It would not start and even turning it all the way off and trying to turn it back on it just ran the starter but wouldn't turn over. My first thought was to disconnect both batteries(It has 2), however tow truck driver only had a 12mm on him so I disconnected the main battery and reconnected, issue did not resolve. He dropped my jeep off at the nearest dealer, I asked for a 12 and a 10 mm socket before admitting my jeep as I needed my vehicle and thought this might be an electrical issue, dealer provided the tools and I disconnected both on my own and then reseated them, viola it fixed the issue of the Jeep not starting, however it still killed it when trying to ESS. So logically I went to the fuse box after re-connecting the batteries again, and to my utter surprise, every single fuse was lose, so PLEASE do yourself a favor and ensure all fuses are seated tightly! (This corrected the issue for me)

Problem 2: Simple problem this time, not sure of fix yet, but three times on my road trip all going exactly 80MPH (Interstate) with no traffic the soft top unlatched both main clips above the windshield and attempted to open, luckily the latches still held and my passenger and I were able to latch it still driving. But, it's quite a scare and this is my first soft top. (Hard top prior) Perhaps there's a way to tighten the latches?

TL;DR: Ensure your fuses are all sitting securely upon delivery and watch out for soft top popping up at higher speeds.

Sponsored

SikkoBassta

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys

mlkmet88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JKU Sport
Earlier posts from 2019 recommend checking fuses. This is still an issue in 2021. Just took deliver and many fuses had to be pushed in to seat properly. Check your fuses.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so bit of a long post but I got my 21' 2dr Rubicon a few weeks ago and took it on a road trip for 1,600+ miles, I encountered 2 errors and notated them to FCA and my Dealer. Below are my experiences and how I fixed them, TL;DR will be at bottom.

Specs of my JL: Rubicon, 2dr, 3.6 w/ e-torque, 8 speed automatic, soft top, All other packages Minus Cold weather and Advanced Cruise.

Problem 1: Until I was back in my hometown in Minnesota I had disabled Auto Stop Start (ESS). While it was enabled in Minnesota I came to a red light, it shut the jeep off, Light turned green, it killed the jeep when I let off the brake. (No big deal right? WRONG) I was sitting at the light trying to turn my Jeep engine back on or even shift. It would not start and even turning it all the way off and trying to turn it back on it just ran the starter but wouldn't turn over. My first thought was to disconnect both batteries(It has 2), however tow truck driver only had a 12mm on him so I disconnected the main battery and reconnected, issue did not resolve. He dropped my jeep off at the nearest dealer, I asked for a 12 and a 10 mm socket before admitting my jeep as I needed my vehicle and thought this might be an electrical issue, dealer provided the tools and I disconnected both on my own and then reseated them, viola it fixed the issue of the Jeep not starting, however it still killed it when trying to ESS. So logically I went to the fuse box after re-connecting the batteries again, and to my utter surprise, every single fuse was lose, so PLEASE do yourself a favor and ensure all fuses are seated tightly! (This corrected the issue for me)

Problem 2: Simple problem this time, not sure of fix yet, but three times on my road trip all going exactly 80MPH (Interstate) with no traffic the soft top unlatched both main clips above the windshield and attempted to open, luckily the latches still held and my passenger and I were able to latch it still driving. But, it's quite a scare and this is my first soft top. (Hard top prior) Perhaps there's a way to tighten the latches?

TL;DR: Ensure your fuses are all sitting securely upon delivery and watch out for soft top popping up at higher speeds.
Sorry you experienced these problems, but glad the first one was a simple fix with the ongoing fuse issue. The soft top problem is pretty concerning, though. Did you or the dealer ever determine what it was? Solution?

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Been reading quite a bit in this thread about checking welds, but I can't determine which welds need to be checked and what we should be looking for. Appreciate any advice/recommendations on the issue. Poor welding? Rust? Both?

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Might want to add inspect undercarriage. Mine was produced in December and apparently followed a brine truck around Ohio. Discovered when I inspected my new steering stabilizer. The salt was so caked on SEVERAL underbody washes and NO affect...At selling dealer now who is working on clean up.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Delivery Checklist IMG_3097
Sponsored