Moab delivery checklist

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
Does anyone know what items are included with the Moab at delivery? 2 sets of keys, tow kit parts, etc. As the Moab is a little different, I want to make sure I get what I paid over 50K for . I ordered dual tops and I neglected to order the soft top window storage bag (I should not have missed that.), so I know that will not be included.
Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Does anyone know what items are included with the Moab at delivery? 2 sets of keys, tow kit parts, etc. As the Moab is a little different, I want to make sure I get what I paid over 50K for . I ordered dual tops and I neglected to order the soft top window storage bag (I should not have missed that.), so I know that will not be included.
You can pick up the Mopar soft top window storage bag on any number of websites. Will be a bit more, but the same product.

Your soft top will come packed in a large box in the back (rear seats folded down). By rule, the dealership is not allowed to take out the soft top box, as they use some expanding foam to seal it in the there (so it won't slide around during shipment and damage something). This means the floor mats won't be put down in the back, but they should be there. The dealer likely will at least put your front floor mats in.

You will get 2 sets of keys. There is also a storage bag for the freedom panels, which will be in the back as well.

The factory will not attach the plastic license plate bracket to the front steel bumper, as not every state requires a front license plate. But it will be inside the vehicle. If you don't want your dealer to install the bracket (which I think looks better, but does mean you're risking a ticket in NY State), then I would contact them before delivery to request so. Otherwise they may screw it in before you get there to pick it up.

That's all I can think of. I didn't get the tow package, so I can't speak to which additional components may be added for that.

The salesperson is required by FCA rules to spend some time going over your new Jeep with you, and in most cases is more than happy to field any questions after the fact. This will include setting up the bluetooth on your phone, showing you how to use the infotainment, etc.

One final thing that I was not aware of. If you plan to use Apple CarPlay or Google Auto, then it does not work over bluetooth. This is simply because it needs to transmit too much data for Bluetooth to handle. However Jeep was smart and installed not only the 2 USB backs in the front console, but also one inside the center storage console and a little gap running out the side of the console for a cord. Smart thinking, Jeep!

Is yours in transit yet?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
How about wheel lock on the spare? Is Jeep still including a single locking lug nut on the spare tire? If yes, make sure the socket key is provided.

Torx tool kit.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Does anyone know what items are included with the Moab at delivery?
Two most important items are : (a) for you to inspect the welds , and (b) test drive at highway speed to check the steering .

OP
OP

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can pick up the Mopar soft top window storage bag on any number of websites. Will be a bit more, but the same product.

Your soft top will come packed in a large box in the back (rear seats folded down). By rule, the dealership is not allowed to take out the soft top box, as they use some expanding foam to seal it in the there (so it won't slide around during shipment and damage something). This means the floor mats won't be put down in the back, but they should be there. The dealer likely will at least put your front floor mats in.

You will get 2 sets of keys. There is also a storage bag for the freedom panels, which will be in the back as well.

The factory will not attach the plastic license plate bracket to the front steel bumper, as not every state requires a front license plate. But it will be inside the vehicle. If you don't want your dealer to install the bracket (which I think looks better, but does mean you're risking a ticket in NY State), then I would contact them before delivery to request so. Otherwise they may screw it in before you get there to pick it up.

That's all I can think of. I didn't get the tow package, so I can't speak to which additional components may be added for that.

The salesperson is required by FCA rules to spend some time going over your new Jeep with you, and in most cases is more than happy to field any questions after the fact. This will include setting up the bluetooth on your phone, showing you how to use the infotainment, etc.

One final thing that I was not aware of. If you plan to use Apple CarPlay or Google Auto, then it does not work over bluetooth. This is simply because it needs to transmit too much data for Bluetooth to handle. However Jeep was smart and installed not only the 2 USB backs in the front console, but also one inside the center storage console and a little gap running out the side of the console for a cord. Smart thinking, Jeep!

Is yours in transit yet?
No. Just went in JB status on the 10th and I received the build sheet from Jeep Garage today which shows all of the Moab items and all of my options. I am assuming that it will get shipped in the next couple of weeks or that is what I am hoping. Appreciate your info and commentary.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two most important items are : (a) for you to inspect the welds , and (b) test drive at highway speed to check the steering .
I agree that the steering will need to be checked as I had that experience when test driving one this past Summer. I told the salesman, but he didn't seem to take me seriously. I realized that I was not alone when I started reading this forum. As for the welds, I would think that jeep corrected their robots before the 2019 builds, but it will not hurt to check. I can have the dealer put it on a lift.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
No. Just went in JB status on the 10th and I received the build sheet from Jeep Garage today which shows all of the Moab items and all of my options. I am assuming that it will get shipped in the next couple of weeks or that is what I am hoping. Appreciate your info and commentary.
Nice! My time from JB status to KZ was only a few days, hopefully you have a similar experience. For some reason mine sat on a finished lot for like a week between KZ and shipping (which was extremely frustrating - I'm only 3 hours from Toledo and would've happily driven up there to pick it up myself). Hopefully you don't have have that same wait.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Excellent question (I'm in the same boat). FWIW - my dealer said they couldn't order the soft top carrying bag from the factory (order system wouldn't let them), but said they could order it separately. Not sure if that's 100% accurate, I just told them I'd worry about it later since I don't plan on putting the soft top on for a few months anyway, and I'm sure I can find one cheaper somewhere else anyway.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Not sure why the MOAB starts at 52k what does it come with that costs 10k more than a base Rubicon?

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Not sure why the MOAB starts at 52k what does it come with that costs 10k more than a base Rubicon?
Not sure if you're asking a serious question, but this (there's actually a little more that isn't available on any other JL, like black badges/wheels/hood inserts, as well as LSD, Full-Time 4WD, rock sliders with step-assist, but you can't get any of those on a Rubicon)...

BODY COLOR 3-PIECE HARD TOP
ELECTRONIC INFOTAINMENT SYS GROUP
LED LIGHTING GROUP
MCKINLEY LEATHER SEATS
MOPAR ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS
MOPAR HARDTOP HEADLINER
REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY
SAFETY GROUP
STEEL FRONT BUMPER

I added it up - that's roughly $9,000 (MSRP) worth of options if added to a Rubicon.