OP

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
Not sure if you're asking a serious question, but this (there's actually a little more that isn't available on any other JL, like black badges/wheels/hood inserts, as well as LSD, Full-Time 4WD, rock sliders with step-assist, but you can't get any of those on a Rubicon)...

BODY COLOR 3-PIECE HARD TOP
ELECTRONIC INFOTAINMENT SYS GROUP
LED LIGHTING GROUP
MCKINLEY LEATHER SEATS
MOPAR ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS
MOPAR HARDTOP HEADLINER
REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY
SAFETY GROUP
STEEL FRONT BUMPER

I added it up - that's roughly $9,000 (MSRP) worth of options if added to a Rubicon.
and aggressive hood and step assist heavy duty rock sliders and mud terrain tires and etc.
Excellent question (I'm in the same boat). FWIW - my dealer said they couldn't order the soft top carrying bag from the factory (order system wouldn't let them), but said they could order it separately. Not sure if that's 100% accurate, I just told them I'd worry about it later since I don't plan on putting the soft top on for a few months anyway, and I'm sure I can find one cheaper somewhere else anyway.
I didn't even ask my dealer about the soft top storage bag. Just overlooked it as it did not stand out as a major item. I guess it's not a big deal anyway. Will not need it for a few months.
Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Not sure if you're asking a serious question, but this (there's actually a little more that isn't available on any other JL, like black badges/wheels/hood inserts, as well as LSD, Full-Time 4WD, rock sliders with step-assist, but you can't get any of those on a Rubicon)...

BODY COLOR 3-PIECE HARD TOP
ELECTRONIC INFOTAINMENT SYS GROUP
LED LIGHTING GROUP
MCKINLEY LEATHER SEATS
MOPAR ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS
MOPAR HARDTOP HEADLINER
REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY
SAFETY GROUP
STEEL FRONT BUMPER

I added it up - that's roughly $9,000 (MSRP) worth of options if added to a Rubicon.
Let me clarify..why buy the MOAB @ 52k instead of a Rubicon with those options @ 52k.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Just looked at it again...looks like Sahara interior, no high fender flares - dont see what the big deal is

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Doesnt even have lockers or sway disconnect...again, why so much?? For what?

OP
OP

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Needed all wheel drive for my wife. She would not know when to use 4w hi or when to go to 2w hi. It's all automatic which is what she needs and I can have fun with it too. It is the solution that the Ruby could not solve.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Needed all wheel drive for my wife. She would not know when to use 4w hi or when to go to 2w hi. It's all automatic which is what she needs and I can have fun with it too. It is the solution that the Ruby could not solve.
Most of the time she will be at a shopping mall. Could I have gotten a mall crawler for her? Sure, but she wanted a wrangler and the Moab will take care of both of our needs. The Adirondacks are calling.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Good point

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Alright, I'll bite.

So a base Rubicon is $41,545. Adding the options that are even available on a Rubicon to have what the Moab has would be about $52,545 (I cut the steel bumper option in half since the Moab only has the steel front).

A "base" Moab (really a loaded-up Sahara) is $51,300. So, that's $1,245 less than a similarly-equipped Rubicon.

I'm not contending that the lockers, sway disconnect, etc. are only worth $1,245 - especially since the difference between a base Sahara ($38,395) and a base Rubicon ($41,545) is $3,150. Keep in mind though it's not a direct comparison, as each model has certain things that aren't available on the other, at least not from the factory.

FWIW - a Sahara with all options included in the Moab package that even can be ordered separately would be $51,005 ($295 less than with the Moab package), so getting all the other goodies (most taken from or inspired by parts from the Rubicon) for $295 some may say is a bargain. Of course that would imply you want all of the pieces of the package.

I personally wanted almost everything in the Moab package, and didn't really care much about giving up what I would have got on a Rubicon, so it made sense for me.

For anyone wondering, here's a list of everything that's added to a Sahara to make it a Moab...

17X7.5 MOAB BLACK ALUMINUM WHEELS (WJP)
2.72:1 SELEC-TRAC FULL TIME 4WD SYS (DHP)
8.4" TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY (RFL)
ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)
BLACK BADGES (MGF)
BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION (XAN)
BODY COLOR 3-PIECE HARD TOP (HT3)
BODY COLOR GRILLE W/ BLACK ACCENTS (MFX)
ELECTRONIC INFOTAINMENT SYS GROUP (AEK)
HEAVY DUTY ROCK SLIDER W/STEP ASSIST (MMU)
HOOD W/AIR VENTS (MEW)
LED LIGHTING GROUP (AD6)
LT255/75R17C TIRES (TTK)
MCKINLEY LEATHER SEATS W/ JEEP LOGO (*FL)
MOAB EDITION (AMB)
MOAB HOOD BADGING (M1A)
MOPAR ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS (CWA)
MOPAR HARDTOP HEADLINER (CHD)
PARKSENSE REAR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM (XAA)
PREMIUM WRAPPED I/P BEZELS (JEK)
REAR VIEW AUTO DIM MIRROR (GNK)
REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER (GFA)
REAR WINDOW WIPER/WASHER (JHB)
REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY (GXD)
SAFETY GROUP (AJ1)
SIRIUSXM GUARDIAN, 1-YR TRIAL (RSK)
SIRIUSXM TRAFFIC PLUS (RTB)
SIRIUSXM TRAVEL LINK (RSM)
STEEL FRONT BUMPER (MC6)
UCONNECT 4C NAV WITH 8.4" DISPLAY (UAQ)

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Alright, I'll bite.

So a base Rubicon is $41,545. Adding the options that are even available on a Rubicon to have what the Moab has would be about $52,545 (I cut the steel bumper option in half since the Moab only has the steel front).

A "base" Moab (really a loaded-up Sahara) is $51,300. So, that's $1,245 less than a similarly-equipped Rubicon.

I'm not contending that the lockers, sway disconnect, etc. are only worth $1,245 - especially since the difference between a base Sahara ($38,395) and a base Rubicon ($41,545) is $3,150. Keep in mind though it's not a direct comparison, as each model has certain things that aren't available on the other, at least not from the factory.

FWIW - a Sahara with all options included in the Moab package that even can be ordered separately would be $51,005 ($295 less than with the Moab package), so getting all the other goodies (most taken from or inspired by parts from the Rubicon) for $295 some may say is a bargain. Of course that would imply you want all of the pieces of the package.

I personally wanted almost everything in the Moab package, and didn't really care much about giving up what I would have got on a Rubicon, so it made sense for me.

For anyone wondering, here's a list of everything that's added to a Sahara to make it a Moab...

17X7.5 MOAB BLACK ALUMINUM WHEELS (WJP)
2.72:1 SELEC-TRAC FULL TIME 4WD SYS (DHP)
8.4" TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY (RFL)
ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)
BLACK BADGES (MGF)
BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION (XAN)
BODY COLOR 3-PIECE HARD TOP (HT3)
BODY COLOR GRILLE W/ BLACK ACCENTS (MFX)
ELECTRONIC INFOTAINMENT SYS GROUP (AEK)
HEAVY DUTY ROCK SLIDER W/STEP ASSIST (MMU)
HOOD W/AIR VENTS (MEW)
LED LIGHTING GROUP (AD6)
LT255/75R17C TIRES (TTK)
MCKINLEY LEATHER SEATS W/ JEEP LOGO (*FL)
MOAB EDITION (AMB)
MOAB HOOD BADGING (M1A)
MOPAR ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS (CWA)
MOPAR HARDTOP HEADLINER (CHD)
PARKSENSE REAR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM (XAA)
PREMIUM WRAPPED I/P BEZELS (JEK)
REAR VIEW AUTO DIM MIRROR (GNK)
REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER (GFA)
REAR WINDOW WIPER/WASHER (JHB)
REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY (GXD)
SAFETY GROUP (AJ1)
SIRIUSXM GUARDIAN, 1-YR TRIAL (RSK)
SIRIUSXM TRAFFIC PLUS (RTB)
SIRIUSXM TRAVEL LINK (RSM)
STEEL FRONT BUMPER (MC6)
UCONNECT 4C NAV WITH 8.4" DISPLAY (UAQ)
I'm not knocking the Moab. All above sounds great....sticker on my Rubicon was 58,8 practically fully loaded - without getting to technical at a quick glance 53k for the base "Moab" seems very expensive. But hey, if the options offered is what your looking for then good luck to you. Not at all knocking it

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not knocking the Moab. All above sounds great....sticker on my Rubicon was 58,8 practically fully loaded - without getting to technical at a quick glance 53k for the base "Moab" seems very expensive. But hey, if the options offered is what your looking for then good luck to you. Not at all knocking it
Sorry - I think I was venting about how a lot of people out there seem shocked that a "base" Moab is so much more than a base Rubicon. Trust me - no offense taken. If you couldn't tell, I crunched a lot of numbers when making my decision and weighed the pros/cons. My biggest point is that a Moab isn't a "base" anything - it's a loaded up Sahara package. I ordered a Moab with even more options so it had exactly what I wanted. Mine added up to an MSRP of almost $56K, but I sure didn't pay that much for it ;)

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still paid twice what a JK Willys costs .
:cwl: Now you're really talking apples-to-oranges! Love the JK Willys BTW, kinda crazy to think that I could have had two of those instead of a JL Moab.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Sorry - I think I was venting about how a lot of people out there seem shocked that a "base" Moab is so much more than a base Rubicon. Trust me - no offense taken. If you couldn't tell, I crunched a lot of numbers when making my decision and weighed the pros/cons. My biggest point is that a Moab isn't a "base" anything - it's a loaded up Sahara package. I ordered a Moab with even more options so it had exactly what I wanted. Mine added up to an MSRP of almost $56K, but I sure didn't pay that much for it ;)
That's awesome you must be siked to get it! A lot of people knock those who buy Rubicons as posers if they never take it rock crawling...I guess the MOAB is that perfect setup for those who never will be taking it rock crawling but want a bad ass Jeep that can tackle it all. Makes sense right? Good luck bud we all happy for you. First Jeep?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome you must be siked to get it! A lot of people knock those who buy Rubicons as posers if they never take it rock crawling...I guess the MOAB is that perfect setup for those who never will be taking it rock crawling but want a bad ass Jeep that can tackle it all. Makes sense right? Good luck bud we all happy for you. First Jeep?
Thanks! :like:

It is my first Jeep, wanted one for years but it never worked out (life gets in the way sometimes). I kind of agree with that - I've wondered why people in my area buy Rubicons. There's nowhere good to climb rocks within several hundred miles of here, the Midwest is pretty flat. Plenty of mud and snow and poorly-maintained gravel roads though, I'll try my best to see if I can get it stuck!!!
Sponsored