Sponsored

Jeep stuff everywhere

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I needed a place to store my home made self balancing air inflation rig, but the cargo area was getting kind of crowded, so I have been working on a homemade shelf and storage solution to establish some organization with our trail gear.

We've got stuff packed in every corner of the Jeep and the list of gotta haves seems to be growing. It has been difficult to grab stuff when I want to because it has been buried underneath everything else we have squeezed in to the back.

This shelf and drawer combo should get us through the next season, and give us a chance to decide what we may wish to change to better accommodate our adventures.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep stuff everywhere 5DR_1336

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep stuff everywhere 5DR_1333
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I see a JT in your future. :)

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Field report:

The drawer has been working out great. I may have made it a bit deeper than I should have. I wanted extra room for padding inside so that I could store stuff that I would normally carry in a couple of padded cases. I think I may make another drawer that is not as deep after I see exactly how the gear can pack in to the one big opening.

The height between the Jeep's floor and the bottom of the drawer/shelf assembly is 13" which is the minimum I can get away with for the stuff we slide onto the deck. I would rather have 16" as that would give me some good options for coolers.

I could get the extra 3 inches by lifting the entire assembly, or shrinking the drawer, or trying a combination of those options.

I like the current shelf height as it is useful, but I guess it will still be useful if I raise it a bit.

I would have happily just purchased a shelf system, but I really wanted, and am learning how much I like having. the drawer and the super easy access to it.
Sponsored