mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I'll keep this thread for my rookie questions:

When listening to satellite radio, there is considerable signal interruption to the point i just switch out of it. Is it due to the area where i live or is the system just that spotty?

and i'll finish with 2 complaints about the key fob that really grind my gears. And no, neither one is related to it being a brick

1. The button to release the key is raised too much so i'm constantly getting stabbed when i have the key in my pocket and sit down and movement presses the button and releases the key

2. The fact that the key ring is not detachable. In my wife's WK2, you slide the bar over and the Jeep key as well as the key ring is released. This is great when we're coming home and i have to make a run to the grocery store, for example, so i can just detach the key ring, give it to my wife to get in the house with the kids and i can leave immediately. Not so with the JL.

Jeep Key.jpg
Why does your wife not have a key to her own house?
Sponsored

OP
OP
CT_LFC

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Why does your wife not have a key to her own house?
when we go out as a family, why would we want to carry 2 sets of keys?

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
In case one of you gets whacked while out and about.

Hey... it can happen...

OP
OP
CT_LFC

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
So that this situation isn't a problem. Does your wife not have a purse?
It's not a problem, it's an inconvenience that a different model by the same brand does not have.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
CT_LFC

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
In case one of you gets whacked while out and about.

Hey... it can happen...
Being i'm lucky enough not to live in the ghetto, it is not something that had crossed my mind as a reason to carry 2 sets of keys.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
There is a leather gear manufacture here in the forums that creates fob covers that are extremely nice. Gibson Leatherworks. You wont worry about the key button popping your key out anymore. Cant help with the separating of the house keys. You could always swap your house locks for newer ones that have code.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Being i'm lucky enough not to live in the ghetto, it is not something that had crossed my mind as a reason to carry 2 sets of keys.
You think that risk is limited to the ghetto??? :CWL:

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder

Because people just always carry their keys. It’s just normal.

Pants on. Wallet. Keys. Pistol.
Do y’all discuss who is going to carry keys when you go out?

“Honey, I think I’m going to leave my keys at home tonight. Could you carry yours?”

And thinking tactically, as I tend to do, it is simply insane for both parents NOT to have keys.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
CT_LFC

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Because people just always carry their keys. It’s just normal.
Pants on. Wallet. Keys.
Do y’all discuss who is going to carry keys when you go out?

“Honey, I think I’m going to leave my keys at home tonight. Could you carry yours?”
There's no real need to "discuss" who is going to carry house keys. We have a key holder where we put all the keys to our cars and each car fob has a key to the house, so if she and/or i have to go out driving, by default a key is always with us. When we go out by foot we leave the house unlocked or just grab a car key in case we may be out longer and feel the need to lock the house as we leave.

I don't normally carry a wallet. I have a phone case that holds my license and 2 credit cards so the majority of the time my wallet stays home. I mainly only carry it when i need to bring cash with me.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
There's no real need to "discuss" who is going to carry house keys. We have a key holder where we put all the keys to our cars and each car fob has a key to the house, so if she and/or i have to go out driving, by default a key is always with us. When we go out by foot we leave the house unlocked or just grab a car key in case we may be out longer and feel the need to lock the house as we leave.

I don't normally carry a wallet. I have a phone case that holds my license and 2 credit cards so the majority of the time my wallet stays home. I mainly only carry it when i need to bring cash with me.
First world problems
I just pray for no check engine light or weird noises on every startup and I’m a happy go fella.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I believe they said the color matched fenders are the only ones that have it
Nope, my '19 Sahara didn't have any type fender protection. But, the Xpel installer took care of that for me. :like:

BTW Ed, I suggest a hair dryer for the dealers sticker. That is unless you're proficient with a heat gun. Don't want to take any chances. And, my Sirius/XM fades at times also. I guess that's just the nature of the beast.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I have a slightly different holy four.

giphy.gif

Spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch

You have to remember to bring your testicles?
Democrat, right?

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
As a first-time Wrangler owner, i have a few questions after my first 9 days of ownership:

1. The fenders have that gap between them and the body of the car, which living in a wooded area makes it a haven for collecting leafs and tree debris. Is it something i have to live with and fish it out, or does anyone use any trim-type material to cover those gaps?

2. The rear fenders have this "sticker-looking" thing by the rear doors. What are they for?

3. When is it prudent to do the first oil change?

4. When rotation tires (with each oil change?), do you add the spare into the rotation?

5. Is the hood insulation pad removable? Similar to #1, getting debris into the hood vents

6. How do i remove the dealer badge? not a big fan of it but don't want to just pull it off and damage the paint

7. Do you only hand wash the JLs? With shiny new paint, don't want swirl marks and other crap it may get from car wash

and last, but not least...

8. Where can i find local groups and list of local trails? want to start off-roading in the fall but never done it, so would prefer to go with a group rather than alone.

JL Fender.jpg

I'm sure there's a plethora of answers to your questions by now, but I'll take a shot as well, since everyone has an option.

1) That gap you refer to is also an excellent rock and pebble collector. You can get stuff outta there easily with a credit card or something similar. Some people are ordering welting off of Amazon, and putting it in there. Just google welting and JL.

2)No clue?

3) When the computer tells you to, or when you want anytime before that. Oil changes are easy, and you get the supplies from Walmart for about 35 bucks. Otherwise, you should be enrolled in the Jeep Wave program and will get 4 free oil changes with that.

4) Yea, I have aftermarket tires 35x12x5 and rotate them every 3K. I want them to wear even. I'm lifted too, so important to rotate often. Stock/OEM tires can probably go longer before rotation. I choose to rotate all tires, including the spare. I rotate to the left, Either way, it doesn't matter, but I feel it's a good idea to keep the spare in the mix.

5) I should think so, but I'm not removing mine, but I'm sure if you were motivated, you could take it all off.

6) Maybe heat gun, and a razor blade, along with tweezers, or something of that sorts to get the glue hot so you can just pull that dealer sticker crap off.

7) No, mixture, both car wash, and by hand. Those swirl marks can always be removed with a proper polishing/buffing pad setup and the proper formulas. I used to be particular about car paint, I'm not longer. We also have what's known as Arizona pin-striping here, so I just live with it. Can all be buffed out.

8) Understandable, I'd post a thread in a local or even general forum with a call out to people in your local area to connect. There's one that I use here that covers the Phoenix area, so it seemed very easy to connect with people here, and jeep together.
Sponsored