Jeep Programmer Question

RAM

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2005 LJ Rubi 6.0L LS, 2015 Z71
Well, I took the plunge. Sold my 2005 TJ Unlimited Rubicon and placed an order for a 2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon. Hopefully less than 10 weeks now until the new Jeep arrives...

I'm working on a list of mods that will take place shortly after I get the Jeep. Of course a lift and some larger tires are coming pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure I'm leaning toward purchasing a Z Automotive Tazer JL Mini. But I have a question.

I've seen a few sites "review" the various programmers that are available and make claims regarding HP/Torque increases. For instance this site claims the Tazer JL Mini increases HP by 30 and torque by 37. But when I go to the Z Automotive site and/or watch youtube reviews of the device I don't see any claims about power increase.

Does this device somehow provide a power increase? I want this (or some device) to adjust parameters as I make changes. But it would be nice if a power boost came along with the package (particularly if it was optional).

Thanks for any insights! And can't wait to get my next Rubi!
Sponsored

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
With no mechanical changes what could a programmer do to add that amount of HP and torque?

Reactions: RAM

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@RAM

Absolutely no, power increase..

The Tazer JL Mini is a programmer not a tuner.

OP
OP

RAM

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2005 LJ Rubi 6.0L LS, 2015 Z71
@RAM

Absolutely no, power increase..

The Tazer JL Mini is a programmer not a tuner.
Thanks. That what I figured.

This world of programmers and tuners is new to me. I definitely want to pursue a good programmer (and as I mentioned I'm leaning toward the Tazer Mini). Is there something out there along the line of "tuners" that people use on a new vehicle under warranty? I see a bunch of OBD2 plugin devices which seem likely to me to be marginal or no benefit. I also see systems where you replace a computer and then can make significant programming changes... but I doubt anyone would want to do that with a vehicle while under warranty (at least I probably wouldn't).

Is there anything that provides some reasonable/noticeable hp/torque improvement with a simple plugin device that can be removed or won't impact warranty?

Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored