First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
These AGM batteries should last 5+ years. Sounds like you let it sit too long or had a draw on the system, if it isn’t a defective battery from the start.
Sat for 2 days at most.

Already checked, no lights on. Only thing plugged in was my USB cable
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Most likely your AUX battery went bad - they are known to. The problem is, when the AUX goes, and the jeep is off, it is connected in parallel with the main and therefore takes it down as well.

If the main is down to 10V, its toast. Don't let the dealer replace just the aux and charge the main - if they do, keep an eye on it.

This reminds me, I've been meaning to go back to a single battery for this very reason (I was doing some experiments), think I'll go do that right now. Also will do it on my wife's pacifica

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Sat for 2 days at most.

Already checked, no lights on. Only thing plugged in was my USB cable
Did you order your Wrangler or was it on the lot? Dealers are notorious for letting batteries drain and then jumping them when a customer is interested. It's possible the batteries were compromised by sitting at the dealer being drained too much. Being drained just once can damage a battery. Take it in and have them check everything. I would not want to chance getting stuck in the future. I'd consider replacing both batteries even if only one is bad. Hopefully they are under warranty and or pro-rated. Then make sure you use a "smart" battery charger/maintainer. Costco had a Duracell one on sale for $30 a while back. They usually bring in and stock battery chargers this time of year so keep an eye out. Or just order a NOCO charger/maintainer. They have models for around $40-$50 now.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
It is. I dont. Looks like I'll amazon one tonight. Any recommendations?
I have two CTEK battery tenders. They have been great. But you should make sure there is no excessive parasitic current drain on your battery when the Jeep is shut down.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Did you order your Wrangler or was it on the lot? Dealers are notorious for letting batteries drain and then jumping them when a customer is interested. It's possible the batteries were compromised by sitting at the dealer being drained too much. Being drained just once can damage a battery. Take it in and have them check everything. I would not want to chance getting stuck in the future. I'd consider replacing both batteries even if only one is bad. Hopefully they are under warranty and or pro-rated. Then make sure you use a "smart" battery charger/maintainer. Costco had a Duracell one on sale for $30 a while back. They usually bring in and stock battery chargers this time of year so keep an eye out. Or just order a NOCO charger/maintainer. They have models for around $40-$50 now.
Even a 2018 purchased at the end of calendar year 2017 Is still under 100% warranty.