jeepster345

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Man thats crazy that a system designed to save you very little money on gas can actually leave you stranded. Specially on a vehicle designed to be taken to remote places. Scary. I like the ESS system here in LA it makes a difference, but not worth the risk imo for those of us who take our jeeps to the wilderness!
I liked it here in Miami too, but I can't risk anything happening. Sometimes I sit through 5 cycles of lights before getting through, so any gas savings is good.

I live out in an agricultural area, so I need it to be somewhat reliable. ESS is just a stupid bandaid for an easily solved problem.
Sponsored

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
So did i, and both batteries were malnourished! Took 2 days on a lithium comp, charger then had 13.8 min on dash display. That was 2 separate chargers, did you also firmly seat every fuse and relay in the power distribution box (fuse box) many tested them and many felt each fuse seat nicely. Cant hurt.
The ess relay, even if disabled had a stripped bolt on a run of them.
Just an fyi

OP
OP
jeepster345

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
So did i, and both batteries were malnourished! Took 2 days on a lithium comp, charger then had 13.8 min on dash display. That was 2 separate chargers, did you also firmly seat every fuse and relay in the power distribution box (fuse box) many tested them and many felt each fuse seat nicely. Cant hurt.
Take care.
I made sure all fuses were seated when it originally broke down. The battery charge has been fine over the past 2 days, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the information!

FlatSixShooter

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara,997C2, 981S, 750LI, Shelby GTSC, 19VW Jetta and a lot of motorcycles
Get both batteries replaced under warranty. Don't let them just replace the main, which happens too often. One weak battery will drag down a new strong one, and will lead you right back to square one.
Plus 1++. Wired as they are, either will drag down the stronger/newer one. Had both of mine replaced within 6 weeks of buying it. If mine was off the charger more than a week, dead as a doornail.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
When i left dealer with 2 new batteries and new ess switch, i went right home and charged both! The dash indicator said 11.9. Wayyyy better than before. Now 13.8 every time. The off road display is nice for keeping an eye. Also under the fuse lid is the specific identification of each fuse and distribution points. Found N2 touching N2 and all 10mm attachments were loose. !!! Use insulated sockets to snug them.
Sponsored