Jeep 392 Factory brake controller plug?

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
So, I saw that Mopar came out with a factory brake controller that takes the place of the 12 volt cigarette lighter spot. I have been looking for the factory harness plug. I have seen a couple of You Tube video's that show the plug under the dash on the JL,S and JT,S has anyone but me looked for one in there 392's yet? I like the idea of using a factory unit in the dash instead of an aftermarket one! I am also looking for a factory wiring diagram specific for the 392 if anyone can help! I ordered the factory tow package, you'd think the plug would be on the harness...??

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ValB

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Good news boy's! My dealer told me that the 392 was not offered with the electric brake controller. I new that there is NO way they would use a different harness on the 392. I found the Mopar brake controller at my local jeep dealer and removed the dash and found the brake controller plug way up under the dash on the far left side! It works perfectly with my trailer.

Deleted member 67726

Do you mean this as a brake controller? Mine came installed on my 392 from the dealer with trailer tow package...to the left of the hitch? Sorry I don't tow things so I'm an idiot with that stuff lol

20210625_150620.jpg

OP
OP
ValB

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Do you mean this as a brake controller? Mine came installed on my 392 from the dealer with trailer tow package...to the left of the hitch? Sorry I don't tow things so I'm an idiot with that stuff lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 392 Factory brake controller plug? 20210625_150620
Yes I ordered the same tow package from the factory. It does NOT include a brake controller to work with electric trailer brakes, that you need to install.

Sponsored