Sponsored

JCR Roof Rack Initial Bad Impression

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Also, how are all of you accessing and the roof rack? Open door and step on side sill?
Sponsored

Wheelin&Deeling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon 4 door 3.0
After waiting almost a month to receive my new @JcrOffroad JL Short Roof Rack this is my initial first impression. The package was light and was well pack and protected. Once I started unpacking everything the box with the hardware was poorly pack.. All the hardware was loose which resulted on some bolts being missing. I figure no big deal I can go to the hardware store and get some. No instructions were included only a business card with a link to look up instruction. After going into the link and going every file uploaded there was no instruction for the JL Rack. I went into the JCR website and found the instructions there. The instructions can be better written but nothing that you probably can't figure out. So I proceed to assemble the roof rack when I realize that they had send me the wrong roof rack. It looks like they send me a JT (Gladiator) short roof rack. This is when my frustration finally kick in. Since I purchase this rack way in advance for my family vacation for this 4th of July weekend. There's a long wait time due to them manufacturing their rack only after an order has place. This tells me that their quality control is horrible. At what point do you realize that you are manufacturing the wrong item. Picture is included to show that I indeed order the right item. To make matter worse their customer service is not even open on Saturday. Which mean I have to wait until Monday to call and speak with a representative to see how they are going to resolve this issue. I hope they can resolve this issue before I have to leave for my family vacation and don't make me wait another month. At this point I'm extremely disappointed.

20200627_125444.jpg

20200627_125828.jpg

20200627_130002.jpg

20200627_141942.jpg

20200627_141733.jpg

JCR Shipping.PNG
You think they are bad. Try ordering one from DV8. They are the absolute worse! Finally after 3 weeks of back and forth the resolution is for me to destroy the rack, take photos and send them the photos so they can reimburse me. I have waiting for a 6 weeks to receive, and another 3 weeks looking for a resolution. I ordered the full length rack for 21 JL. Iā€™m in Puerto Rico. They charges me $380 for shipping on top the cost of the rack. When I received it they also didnā€™t have instructions are any of the hardware to out it together. I could of gotten the nuts and bolts from hardware store, but the gutter mounts were missing too. Everyone you speak to is clueless there. Obviously they have their stuff made in China and have absolutely 0 quality control.

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
if you want a higher quality standard you have to find someone who is at least cares about ISO certification. Speaking from experience, manufacturing engineers are always being challenged to lean out the processes to save time and money; management will also cut service to cut costs and boost profit (going paperless is a nice green way of saving green). But there is a fine line, an upset customer can shut you down as word of mouth is a killer in any industry. Sounds like JCR is willing to fix the situations presented but unfortunately the damage is done; threads in the forum are google searchable and people will vote with the wallet, time will tell. Thanks OP for the heads up.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Old thread but can anyone give a real world height of the rack? Measured from the top of hard top to the top of the rack?

Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Yeah @JcrOffroad Iā€™m not sure what heā€™s talking about. You are literally the comment before his and the comment after. Not sure how much better access he could ask for???

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Yeah @JcrOffroad Iā€™m not sure what heā€™s talking about. You are literally the comment before his and the comment after. Not sure how much better access he could ask for???
Likely talking about how this thread started. Admittedly the spring of 2020 was a mess for us and many other businesses.

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Does anyone have any recent experience with the rack?
I run a JCR front bumper and love the quality, but when we bought it back in 2016?!? We were sent the wrong bumper but still had to pay the additional shipping for us to get the product we ordered ā€¦ since then I stopped buying their products out of principle

Sponsored

Carlo559

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
@FrostySerb. This is a really late reply, but I just saw this posting. I wanted to like this rack and still do, but I do not hold it in as high regard as I did when I first bought it. The rack looks good and has a unique look. But functionality is not there. The long aluminum bars have a low weight capacity. The long aluminum bars also rattle because of flex.. I had spent months trying to quiet it down but to no avail. it even rattles sometimes just at idle and the vehicle is loud already, and this just adds to it or puts it over the top for me.. Finally, the front of the rack requires you only to use a led light bar and is not compatible with other types of lighting like kc pods, etc. If I had to do it again, I would have gotten something else...

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I bought one, just one thing from JCR and that was the replacement center console latch for my XJ. I did so despite the warnings I saw that it was garbage. Talk about a disappointment. It was made with metal that would simply bend and stay bent, so it wouldnā€™t latch when closed unless you bent the damn thing back into shape each time. The fact that so many people complained about the same thing with that latch, yet they still kept selling it as is, told me everything I needed about their products. Pass.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
@FrostySerb. This is a really late reply, but I just saw this posting. I wanted to like this rack and still do, but I do not hold it in as high regard as I did when I first bought it. The rack looks good and has a unique look. But functionality is not there. The long aluminum bars have a low weight capacity. The long aluminum bars also rattle because of flex.. I had spent months trying to quiet it down but to no avail. it even rattles sometimes just at idle and the vehicle is loud already, and this just adds to it or puts it over the top for me.. Finally, the front of the rack requires you only to use a led light bar and is not compatible with other types of lighting like kc pods, etc. If I had to do it again, I would have gotten something else...
The bars rattling isn't something we have experienced on any model rack. The only time we've heard rattles is if there are any rouge t-nuts in the slots. Our tech support team would be happy to help you troubleshoot: https://www.jcroffroad.com/CTUS.html

Most people run single-row bars up top, so that is what we chose to support on the fairings.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I have at least 3 of their products: the roof rack, the overhead molle panel, and the rear bumper. Roof rack has been flawless and there isnā€™t another one in production that is sleeker and better looking in my opinion. I take it on and off all the time (basically only use it for 1-2 seasons a year). Molle panel is still a molle panel. Rear bumper was scratched on delivery (bolt box opened up in shipping) and they refunded me the entire powder coating cost. From my perspective thatā€™s perfect customer service and I enjoy their stuff.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@JcrOffroad I see that the price for the short rack has jumped from $765 to $999. Are there any changes/improvements in the one sold today vs a few months ago or is it just inflation?
Sponsored