Issues with Off-Road pages

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I too upgraded from a 7" to 8.4". I purchased mine from Allmoparparts.com. I enabled the ORP with my Tazer. I had two small issues. 1. the back up camera lines sometimes disappear. If the Jeep sits for an hour they come back. 2. ORP would not display the GPS coordinates (at the bottom of the display) it would show -- where the GPS coordinates should be, HOWEVER if I got to an elevation of 90' above sea level they would show! I live in FL so rarely do I see 90' elevations.

My dealer also told me there was no way to add the sales code. Funny how they now offer the Sport and Sport S with the 8.4 from the factory! What could possibly be different in the newer year models that the dealer could not add the sales code if we are willing to pay?
Dealer doesn't know what they're talking about.
Sponsored

Luekutus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler jL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Explorer, Adventurer, Armchair Biologist, and (Former) Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Chupacabra -- that is exactly what I’m seeing, and indeed all 5 gauges work for several hours after I install and remove the bypass. My only concern is that the Security Gateway obviously serves a purpose that I’ll be overriding…

The worst part is: those gauges should have been a part of the default cluster, always visible even if they have to be super small, and not something that only shows up on your radio display if you have the right size of radio. What a lame decision by Jeep.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I get the impression that some of the apps are downloaded or run over the data connection. I believe this because in my garage where the Jeep has no data connection they will never show up. They will after I get out on the road.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Thanks, Chupacabra -- that is exactly what I’m seeing, and indeed all 5 gauges work for several hours after I install and remove the bypass. My only concern is that the Security Gateway obviously serves a purpose that I’ll be overriding…

The worst part is: those gauges should have been a part of the default cluster, always visible even if they have to be super small, and not something that only shows up on your radio display if you have the right size of radio. What a lame decision by Jeep.
The secure gateway is there to keep ne'er do wells from monkeying around with your Jeep's electronics. It also keeps YOU from monkeying around with them. :)

I just leave my SGW bypass installed all the time and the ORP work fine. This is no different than those who run a Tazer all the time, the SGW is bypassed then as well. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Sponsored