Sponsored

Off Road pages, instrument panel with 7 inch UConnect

y2b4sure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hi.

I have a 2018 JLU that I bought used. It has the 7 inch UConnect. I know the 7 inch doesn't have Off Road pages, but during the time of my SiriusXM trial, Off Road pages were available in the instrument cluster. Now that the trial has ended, the Off Road pages have disappeared.

I've read lots of discussion about how originally there was a 'mistake' where by a SiriusXM subscription was needed in order to get the Off Road pages to work. This was later corrected by a software upgrade to something. All the discussions I have read have centered around getting the Off Road pages to work on an 8 inch Uconnect. My question is, since I know Off Road pages are available in the instrument cluster, even with a 7 inch UConnect, but only with a SiriusXM subscription, is there a bugfix available, to get the Off Road pages working again without the SiriusXM subscription, just as there was for the 8 inch?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I had the 7" (replaced with a Stinger). The Offroad Pages are still in the stack even after I removed the 7" (and SiriusXM). I did not install a SiriusXM receiver for the Stinger. Of course, all Offroad Pages are shown on the Stinger.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My question is, since I know Off Road pages are available in the instrument cluster, even with a 7 inch UConnect, but only with a SiriusXM subscription, is there a bugfix available, to get the Off Road pages working again without the SiriusXM subscription, just as there was for the 8 inch?
You've got something else going on if you aren't seeing the Off Road screens in your cluster. It has nothing to do with SiriusXM. Many people have removed the 7 inch radio for aftermarket and still have access to the Off Road screens.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Hi.

I have a 2018 JLU that I bought used. It has the 7 inch UConnect. I know the 7 inch doesn't have Off Road pages, but during the time of my SiriusXM trial, Off Road pages were available in the instrument cluster. Now that the trial has ended, the Off Road pages have disappeared.

I've read lots of discussion about how originally there was a 'mistake' where by a SiriusXM subscription was needed in order to get the Off Road pages to work. This was later corrected by a software upgrade to something. All the discussions I have read have centered around getting the Off Road pages to work on an 8 inch Uconnect. My question is, since I know Off Road pages are available in the instrument cluster, even with a 7 inch UConnect, but only with a SiriusXM subscription, is there a bugfix available, to get the Off Road pages working again without the SiriusXM subscription, just as there was for the 8 inch?

Thanks in advance.
I know the 7 inch doesn't have Off Road pages,

Right, ORP is not available on 7" but some mistakes made it available in a few cases.

You've got something else going on if you aren't seeing the Off Road screens in your cluster. It has nothing to do with SiriusXM. Many people have removed the 7 inch radio for aftermarket and still have access to the Off Road screens.
Yes, a 7" screen.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yes, a 7" screen.
Since you chose to respond to a thread that is over 2 years old, I will add a new response as well.

What I responded to and what was being asked about back then was the off road screen/s not showing in the dash/instrument cluster, which is completely different than Off Road Pages on the 8” radio or the 7” radio. All JLs have a minimal set of off road pages in the dash/instrument cluster.
Sponsored

Last edited: