Sponsored

Is there a dedicated thread to Willys models?

JohnsWilly

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Sport
I have a 2021 Willys Sport. I have looked but I cant seem to find a dedicated site, forum or thread that concentrates on Willys. II seem to find a lot of conflicting info on the model (especially the suspension) and wold love to connect with other Willys owners.

Thanks
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It's a Sport with Rubicon shocks and regular springs. I t has a Dana 44/M220 limited slip read axle. It has unique trim and a nice option package if you get the Willys. The Willys Sport is the base trim with roll up windows.

The way Jeep names it's packages is weird and doesn't make much sense. you just gotta find your way through the BS to figure out what's what, because the Jeep website isn't good at explaining it all.

A separate thread isn't really needed, there is a lot of discussion about the Willys models on this site, just need to do some reading.

OP
OP
JohnsWilly

JohnsWilly

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Sport
Thanks for your input, but I would be interested in a separate thread. Every time I ask about recommendations for a modest lift, I get a ton of conflicting answers. Suspension wise, I know my Willys isn't a Sport and its also not a Rubicon. It has Rubicon shocks but Sport springs. I know it sits a little higher than a Sport, but I get conflicting input on what size tires can fit without a lift or new fenders.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What I want to know is why so many people pronounce it like a "wet willie" instead of "whatcha talkin bout Willis"

Sponsored

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
What I want to know is why so many people pronounce it like a "wet willie" instead of "whatcha talkin bout Willis"

Because its ”spelt” with a Y. WILLYS

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I have a 2021 Willys Sport. I have looked but I cant seem to find a dedicated site, forum or thread that concentrates on Willys. II seem to find a lot of conflicting info on the model (especially the suspension) and wold love to connect with other Willys owners.

Thanks
You should be able to get away with 34/35s but will need spacers or new wheels. The Willy’s Moab wheels are pretty nice though.

I was rubbing with 33s before I got new wheels. But Im pretty sure that was due too having replaced my inner fenders. (They slope out more)

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I don’t care how someone says it as long as they don’t spell it Willy’s or Willy.

Sponsored

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
It’s why I named my JT Willys “Bruce” 😂

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
John,
I just bought a very lightly used Willys Sport partly due to Color, it’s equipment or lack there of and the overall looks of it. I had to part with my 2013 JK when my Mother In Law moved in with us. Long story there…. But I had done things with that Jeep and it was just the way I wanted it. Slightly Modded, but a good everyday driver for me.

The Willys is almost exactly like my JK. I had the same tires except the MT/2’s are slightly quieter. It has rock protection on the side to some degree, I love the wheels on the Willys. I also like the lack of equipment on this one. But that is just me. I have another care that if I want to be coddled I can be in that.

Like you, I am thinking of a little lift. Depending on how I park it in the driveway, it looks nose up a little. This Jeep was equipted with a soft top when made, but a hard top was added later after purchase. But it tracks well and does what I need so there are times I feel like hands off!

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Love my Willys Sport.Don't mind it's missing all the frills.I deleted the Willys badging as I'm not much for stickers on paint.At some point I'm going to 33's with the stock lift.It's my daily,and I don't wheel.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a dedicated thread to Willys models? IMG_1178 (1).JPG