Sponsored

Is there or is there not a owners manual

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
While, yes, you can read the electronic manual on your touchscreen in the Wrangler, you can read the pdf on your PC, iPad, smartphone, etc. in your family room, while shaving, at breakfast, i.e., many extra-vehicular venues...I like having the onboard version + the printed version + the pdf.

BTW, I believe the touchscreen version requires cellular signal to operate, but I might be wrong.
Sponsored

Midnight_Library

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Kia Forte, Hydro '21 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Librarian
My 2021 JLU that I picked up in October came with both the Quick Start Guide and printed Owners Manual in the green pouch in the glove box. While I was (anxiously) waiting for it to be built, I downloaded the PDF version onto my phone and desktop computer for a bit of pre-delivery study.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Same for the 2019. I had to contact FCA to obtain the 600 page owner's manual.
600 page owners manual? Utterly ridiculous. How many pages if you remove the cautions and warnings for stupid people?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
600 page owners manual? Utterly ridiculous.

How many pages if you remove the cautions and warnings for stupid people?
92. Maybe less.

That may sound like hyperbole, but I've already compared this matter to the original owner's manuals for my MGBs (also two-seat convertibles, just like our JLs). Those 1970s-era publications were refreshingly free of endless, ass-covering "Warnings", etc. that are so prevalent today. As a result, their appearance was reminiscent of pamphlets, and not secular bibles.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
My 2021 and 2022 both came with owner manuals.

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I have searched but cannot find whether there is a real written owners manual included in the new Wranglers. Some say they found one in their new Wranglers and then some say no??
I have mine but had to request it. It was free and came pretty fast. Be aware it is really thick. I keep it in the JLR. You can either call or email for the manual.

JeepGeezer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired

JL_City_Dude

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
I have searched but cannot find whether there is a real written owners manual included in the new Wranglers. Some say they found one in their new Wranglers and then some say no??
The My Jeep app has a digital version for 2022. You can try that app and see if you can find a manual. The 2022 also came with a printed manual as well but I’ve referenced the digital version on my tablet after downloading it off the app. Good luck!

OP
OP
garykk

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
I have the digital PDF on both my iPhone and IPad and as I said, the print is fine but all graphics is messed up and impossible to discern. It can’t be just my IOS devices???

Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
my 21 came with the full manual in the green pouch thing as shown above. It did not however come with the velcro straps for the soft top that it was supposed to come with. I have the manual on my phone so I keep my printed manual with my other paperwork and title in my safe.

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
They are free on the Jeep website. That is where I got mine.
PDF copies are free on the Jeep website. If you can't get a free hard copy through Jeep Cares - maybe because you aren't the original owner and still want a hard copy, or maybe your copy got ruined, dropped in a creek or mud bog, or whatever - the official mopar techauthority website is where you can order hard copy.

JeepGeezer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
PDF copies are free on the Jeep website. If you can't get a free hard copy through Jeep Cares - maybe because you aren't the original owner and still want a hard copy, or maybe your copy got ruined, dropped in a creek or mud bog, or whatever - the official mopar techauthority website is where you can order hard copy.
Yes. I should have been clearer. I meant that electronic copies (in pdf format) are free on the website, not that printed versions were free as well.

Thank you for making that clear.

Terpsred

First Name
Terps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S 2 Door
If you go through the Jeep Wave folks, they will send you one if you did not get delivered one at pickup of the vehicle.

Beach Bum 89

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fiat Spider
My ‘22 came with the full manual. The Jeep app also gives you access to pdf, but just like someone mentioned earlier (OP I think) the pictures aren’t very legible. I believe if you go on Jeep.com you can view the manual or you can order one as well, but I may be mistaken. Also read somewhere that your dealer can order one for you
Sponsored