Sponsored

Is EVERYONE having the paint bubbling problems?

speedymart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
Honestly this corrosion issue has been a problem for years across our entire model line up. The Pacificas have a major issue with the hood corroding the same way.
Sponsored

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
Obviously not everyone.
I'm guessing only a small percentage.
Also I thought I'd have issues since I installed aftermarket hinge steps - so I 'broke' the paint so to speak.

But , no, my 2018 Sahara has 0 bubbling after 3 years and I live in 'Raincouver'.
I live in Dry Colorado and have a 2018 JL with some serious bubbling around my hinges. It's now starting to feel hollow in spots and I am racing around to get this documented and covered and bodyshop scheduled before I leave for Baja for the winter. I am getting sent from one dealership to another. Do Jeep dealerships ever have bodyshops?

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
gotcha, considering the fix is just effectively to start the clock over, I figured whats the point. so many people go back over and over considering there doesnt appear to be a fix for the underlying issue. I wouldnt wait if i was confident it would be fixed and then also not recur. mine is very slight now
I believe they are changing the hinge materials or adding a buffer to them to protect it from recurring
Sponsored