Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a black hard top without headliners. After the Jeep has been in the sun for 30+ minutes you cannot keep your hand on the inside of the hardtop lol (especially the rear). Which ones did you purchase?
Mine came with them, but it sounds like the hot heads might be an upgrade, based on what I’ve been hearing. But anything is better than nothing..lol.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I've always been of the impression that headliners best address keeping out heat, with less ability to keep in cold or out noise.

@entropy: would you say that noise, over heat abatement on your Hotheads is their best feature?

@intheaspens : only you can determine
  • how much heat you get,
  • how well you tolerate it,
  • how much headliners will address this
  • how much noise you get,
  • how well you tolerate
  • how much headliners will address this, and
  • how much you like the look of them.

: - )
I do notice the temperature tends to be more comfortable with the headliners, but where I live, temperatures are generally very mild so it isn't a drastic difference. As of noise, yes, I notice a massive difference in road noise and improvement in the sound system. But I am an audiophile, and I also get easily triggered/anxious from load sounds, noise, etc... so I might overemphasize on it. To me it feels incredibly different. My Toyota corolla lets a lot of more freeway noise in than the wrangler with the Mopar headliner.

OP
OP

intheaspens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks, everyone! I'm more concerned with noise than temperature. I'll definitely check out the Hotheads, too.

cowgirljeeper

First Name
Shaunti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Pearl JLUR, 1997/2001/2-2014 Rams, 1979 Ford, 1978 Ford step-side
i have the hotheads, def tell the difference w/the heat and the bass from the radio seems to be deeper. Road noise, not so much but that would be more how your doors/top is sealed and not headliners IMO.
Sponsored