Headliners - Are they worth it?

LawrenceL

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 4 door JL 2019
Installed my Hothead Headliners last week with the Sound Assassins & life in that vehicle definitely got so much better!!

- I don't feel the heat coming down on me anymore.
- Sound is so much better, i'm not yelling anymore when on the phone or when speaking to anyone.... less headaches :)
- Music sounds so much better

I highly recommend installing this combo (headliners + sound assassins) into your hard top. I watched a video comparing 4 different headliners including the Mopar ones and it seems like the Hothead Headliners were built the best, and were the thickest. Made my decision easy. Install was easy as well.

This link is to the video I mentioned above -
Sponsored

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
I added the Hothead headliners and it made a big difference in the quality of the sound of the stereo and helped a lot with the heat inside my Jeep. I’m running MTRs and I know nothing that will help eliminate the road noise with those tires...maybe some KO2s or ridge grapplers.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

+1 on the HotHead Headliners. I added the sound deadener.. that helped.
However, the Jeep "leaks" sound out of a lot of places. It is a noisy vehicle. Not sure this will ever achieve Lexus or Rolls Royce levels of quietness.

TiredPinoy

First Name
Norbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sahara
Its a gimmick. theres no real noise cancelling tech in a vehicle that's worth the optional price tag lol.

That's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. I'm just waiting for more Noico pads to come in and I'm gutting my Sahara and lining my floor with it and hope that reduces some of the ride noise.

Sponsored

WeakFish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara
I installed my Hotheads a couple weeks ago, so far I'm very happy with them. They definitely don't turn the interior down to a luxury car level, but it definitely takes the edge off of the wind noise. I think it also makes the interior feel a bit more complete as well. So far, zero complaints. I'm also adding some sound deadening to the floors in a couple weeks, which should help out a bit as well.
I am curious as to how your sound deadening went for the floors. What product did you use and did you find it helpful? I am considering doing this as well.

Thanks

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I am part of the Hothead Headliners with Sound Assassin strips crowd. Installed them on my 2018 Sahara JLU a few months ago and couldn't be more happy. I actually measured the sound levels with a meter before and after installation on the same highway stretch, same speed, same wind conditions. For me--and this will be dependent on your tires type, road surface, wind, etc, I found that there was a no-kidding 8-10 decibel drop. It is very noticeable to me both from how loud I have to turn up the radio to hear at the same level (I have the Alpine system) to the overall sound-dampening in the cabin. Additionally, it definitely finishes out the look and feel of the interior. Finally, I live in San Antonio, and while I have found that I can actually cool the interior pretty quickly even without the headliners, they definitely make it a quicker experience and are another plus in what often is pretty brutal beatdown heat. That said, headliners will not ever make your Wrangler as quiet as say, our 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir, which is seriously the quietest vehicle we've ever owned and has more insulation and sound baffling (along with active noise reduction) than any vehicle we've ever owned. Knew that going in, but anyone getting a Wrangler has to know that is part of the trade-off. Whatever you choose, welcome to the Jeep family and the unique experience it is!

IMG_20200216_174440.jpg
Thanks for sharing your experience (and photo). I'm always a big fan of the green Jeeps.
Sponsored