iOS 12 and CarPlay

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
It does it to me, but not with messages. If I am using Waze and get the voice turn updates through the USB connection, it will stop Sirius and not go back. I have to manually hit radio to turn it back on. This is irritating
Agreed.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It does it to me, but not with messages. If I am using Waze and get the voice turn updates through the USB connection, it will stop Sirius and not go back. I have to manually hit radio to turn it back on. This is irritating
Ah ha. Have you updated to the latest Waze beta via TestFlight? I was experiencing the music drop out on the first CarPlay enabled build, but it's working fine for me in build 4.43.4 (2).

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just yesterday I was able to listen to SiriusXM AND get turn notifications from Google Maps through the speakers - All at the same time and without having to go back to SiriusXM.

Best day of my life.

OP
OP
mquinn13

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
This happened to me today. If you plug in the USB and it's charging only and carplay won't activate. go to settings and make sure listen to "hey Siri" is enabled. Should go back to normal.
ill give this a try. I have hey Siri disabled because of my HomePod at home, hopefully it works. When I did get it to work my icons were disgustingly oversized from a design perspective.

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
One annoyance I've found is if you plug the phone into the center console port, which is powered when the Jeep is off, then when you turn on the Jeep it doesn't recognize it as CarPlay. If you unplug/re-plug it after the Jeep starts up, it will recognize it as CarPlay. Anyone else notice this? I may try a different power outliet which is not still powered when the Jeep is off.

OP
OP
mquinn13

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
ill give this a try. I have hey Siri disabled because of my HomePod at home, hopefully it works. When I did get it to work my icons were disgustingly oversized from a design perspective.
Tested this multiple times after work and it worked. Just can’t get pass the larger icons and text that seems to only be effecting the smaller 5in Uconnect 4 system.

EA8A4E62-DAC2-4D8E-B5D8-5D1F1BE5E1C7.jpeg

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How............do tell!!!!
Lol - I have no idea how. Only recent change I've made was update the iOS on my iPhone to the 12. Maybe that did the trick? It keeps working for me, this morning I was able to listen to turn notifications & my morning talk show on the radio :turkey:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
iPhone Xs arrived today. Works great in the Jeep. No issues with CarPlay or BT (yet).

Sponsored

Joiky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tested this multiple times after work and it worked. Just can’t get pass the larger icons and text that seems to only be effecting the smaller 5in Uconnect 4 system.

EA8A4E62-DAC2-4D8E-B5D8-5D1F1BE5E1C7.jpeg

I really hate this too. Was much nicer before the update.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
While it’s not as aesthetically pleasing, it’s a small price to pay for Google Maps and Waze functionality.

Joiky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
While it’s not as aesthetically pleasing, it’s a small price to pay for Google Maps and Waze functionality.
Once waze is here I'll be more accepting ;p

OP
OP
mquinn13

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
It seems like it’s only an issue with this size display in the Jeep my friends BMW remained unchanged.

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Lol. I think you might be the first person in history to have this opinion.
I like Apple maps better than Google as well. Google maps gives wrong nav data far more often than apple maps and that is not just where I live. I use them most other places being that I travel for work. But I like Waze better than both even though it drains your battery if you don’t plug your phone in.
Sponsored