Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
2019 with the 8.4, 11 pro max running 15.4.1. No issues with the dash USB, center console USB has always been wonky. Absolutely no reason for the OP's other sources to degrade just because the phone is plugged in. I would be on Jeep about that.
Recently switched from Pandora to Apple music - sound is phenomenally better!! Why didn't somebody tell me this before?!?
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I've been beta testing Apple's OSs for a while and have only had issues twice since CarPlay came out, but this version of iOS is very stable and should not be causing issues. Check the cable or your radio/amp first. My amplifier was dying, it's a MY22 too, but once replaced I have so far had no issues. Zero out all your EQ nonsense on the phone and radio, play it as it was recorded and it'll sound great.

OP
OP
zw470

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
I've tried multiple cables and I've tried every combination of settings on the iPhone. Music over CarPlay sounds like steaming dogshit.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I've tried multiple cables and I've tried every combination of settings on the iPhone. Music over CarPlay sounds like steaming dogshit.
Do you have the Alpine speaker upgrade or base level? I saw you have the 7” head unit but couldn’t remember if there was still an option for the speaker upgrade or not. That would also be an issue, the entry speakers did sound awful when I test drove.

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Anyone else having this issue? Upgraded from an 11 Pro Max (on iOS 14.something) to a 13 Pro Max and ever since CarPlay has been completely useless. Sound quality wasn't great before, but now I can't even stand to listen to it. It sounds like using one of those old cassette-deck adapters and the volume constantly surges up and down. And when I'm listening to SXM with CarPlay connected it somehow still manages to degrade the sound quality of that audio. Google Maps constantly freezes, I'll be driving along for miles and my position on the map never changes. The phone itself constantly disconnects so I have to unplug it and plug it back in over and over. Updated to 15.0.2 with no changes. Tried all the ports and multiple cables with no changes.
I know this is an old Post but on my IP13 Pro, I am having terrible disconnects. Sound quality is great, but anytime I use the phone, after a minute or so, the person cant hear me...the call is still connected. I have to either unplug the phone and plug it back in or take it off carplay. I have the Alpine 8.4" on a 23 Rubicon.

Music is the same thing, looses connection at random and I have to unplug/plug. I was thinking of getting a wireless carplay USB adapter. Anyone have any reliability issues with these?

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I know this is an old Post but on my IP13 Pro, I am having terrible disconnects. Sound quality is great, but anytime I use the phone, after a minute or so, the person cant hear me...the call is still connected. I have to either unplug the phone and plug it back in or take it off carplay. I have the Alpine 8.4" on a 23 Rubicon.

Music is the same thing, looses connection at random and I have to unplug/plug. I was thinking of getting a wireless carplay USB adapter. Anyone have any reliability issues with these?
Plug into the dash , not the console.
Sponsored