First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
How does the new home screen look on the 7” uconnect?
Sponsored

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Can anyone with the ios 13 beta let me know if the phone ringer volume is fixed? Every time someone calls me, it scares the shit out of me with how loud the ringer is. Changing the volume when the call is still coming in is the only way to lower the volume. Next call, reverts back to crazy loud. :angry:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm beta testing on my iPad Pro, I guess I'll need to check out CarPlay on my 7" uConnect. Frankly, I don't have high hopes. The 7' has been very inconsistent with multiple issues.

I saw someone here talk about a PCM update. Is there a TSB covering that? I'd love to try it if it hasn't already been applied. I've tried going to the uConnect update website but everytime I look there, it says I'm already up to date.

OP
OP
Columbus104

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Can anyone with the ios 13 beta let me know if the phone ringer volume is fixed? Every time someone calls me, it scares the shit out of me with how loud the ringer is. Changing the volume when the call is still coming in is the only way to lower the volume. Next call, reverts back to crazy loud. :angry:
I have been using the beta for 2 months now. Haven’t noticed any jump scares with ringer volume tone. So I’m guessing that glitch has been resolved.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

You can try lowering the ringer volume on your phone as well. You need to adjust the ringer volume while a call is coming in via the dash/wheel controls. Ring volume is separate from call volume, IIRC.

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
You can try lowering the ringer volume on your phone as well. You need to adjust the ringer volume while a call is coming in via the dash/wheel controls. Ring volume is separate from call volume, IIRC.
I just downloaded iOS 13 beta 7 and the issue still persists. Had my brother call my phone while connected to CarPlay and the volume went right to 15. I lowered the volume using the knob on the dash to 6 and then ended the call.

He recalled me and it went back to 15. I’ve even had times where I can see the volume increase on the screen without touching any buttons. I’ll try to take a video later

Mjclay

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Crystal Granite
It’s a little tight but it works.
It looks fine, not sure what you mean by tight. The thing I did notice is the unusable space left and right of the CarPlay display area. I’m pretty sure this is a uconnect thing not an Apple thing.

TexaClone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
It looks fine, not sure what you mean by tight. The thing I did notice is the unusable space left and right of the CarPlay display area. I’m pretty sure this is a uconnect thing not an Apple thing.
I mean that it crops the tops of the display - when you are sitting up in the driver's seat, I have to bend down to see the whole display. I'm happy I upgraded to the 8.4 - it doesn't do this because it doesn't put CarPlay all the way to the top of the screen.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I just downloaded iOS 13 beta 7 and the issue still persists. Had my brother call my phone while connected to CarPlay and the volume went right to 15. I lowered the volume using the knob on the dash to 6 and then ended the call.

He recalled me and it went back to 15. I’ve even had times where I can see the volume increase on the screen without touching any buttons. I’ll try to take a video later
Mine does as well using Waze. It will give a warning or nav command, volume is at 15. I turn it down while its still talking so Im clearly turn down the Waze volume on the 8.4. Next time it talks to me its right back at 15. Annoying.
Sponsored