Intermittent issues with Uconnect 8.4

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I didn't call dealership, or update the Uconnect. However, I noticed it happened only when Bluetooth was connected. I changed the settings so Uconnect would only have access to phone calls, no messages, no contacts/phonebook, and it hasn't crashed since.
Sponsored

toneloc2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sahara jl
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, please check for software updates on www.driveuconnect.com. The files for software update 18.45.01 are currently available. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
JeepCares
so this software versions is only for U.S. jeeps? i'm in Canada and it keeps saying i'm up to date my version is 18.33.24

JLCITY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2.0T Automatic
I had an interesting one today. Asked if I wanted to adjust my clock settings. I pressed no, then the screen no longer responded to anything and was stuck on climate. Only function that worked was turning it A/C but when turned off went back to non responsive climate screen.

After a couple restarts of car nothing, finally I walked away with fob far, came back restatred and now working. Today was the 1st day I used Android Auto, unplugging it did not matter.

I just got car two days ago, is a 2019 and website says software up to date. I guess I'll just wait and see for further glitches.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Enjoy. My 8.4 has never worked right. Android Auto constantly drops connection with my phone and is unusable. And I know for a fact its not my phone, the USB wire, or loose fuses. So frustrating...

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had an interesting one today. Asked if I wanted to adjust my clock settings. I pressed no, then the screen no longer responded to anything and was stuck on climate. Only function that worked was turning it A/C but when turned off went back to non responsive climate screen.

After a couple restarts of car nothing, finally I walked away with fob far, came back restatred and now working. Today was the 1st day I used Android Auto, unplugging it did not matter.

I just got car two days ago, is a 2019 and website says software up to date. I guess I'll just wait and see for further glitches.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Enjoy. My 8.4 has never worked right. Android Auto constantly drops connection with my phone and is unusable. And I know for a fact its not my phone, the USB wire, or loose fuses. So frustrating...
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
New TSB for Uconnect 8.4 with Nav...might help. Posted by ShadowsPapa from the JT forum...
The mentioned TSB has been avail for 2 months. So, not "new" info to many of us here.

TXROCK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392
I was running the previous 8.4N (non-car play) Uconnect in my Cherokee and it never had the bugs and gaffs this one has shown in the approximately three weeks I've owned my JLU. Issues observed:

1. Going into reverse I get a blue screen after backup camera comes on. Screen and Uconnect become unresponsive. You have to shutdown and reboot by turning Jeep off and opening/closing door and restarting. It has only occurred three times, but nothing like that occurred with previous 8.4 systems I've used/owned.
  2. Audio drop out/skipping when using SXM radio. Acts like the radio has lost signal briefly but occurs in areas the Cherokee never had issues and isn't reproducible in the same area later. Occurs if the top is open, or closed.
  3. Text messaging alerts have stopped popping up over the last couple of days, again, intermittent. Plugging the phone into Carplay "fixes" issue by transferring functions over to carplay. iPhone running iOS 13 beta
  4. Text messaging alerts don't pop when in Carplay mode - unplugging and replugging in cable fixes issue. Cables have been changed, the same issue. iPhone running iOS 13 beta, unknown version of Uconnect firmware. I can't seem to find the version information in this model.
  5. Uconnect system has rebooted twice while driving along. Screen powers off, and "Jeep" logo appears, bringing the system back online. It may not be a reboot, it may be a kernel panic as route information did not need to be reprogrammed.
  6. Route information alerts for upcoming turnoffs, etc does not lower volume when on a phone call. You can't hear phone calls over the uconnect system.
  7. Favourites for SXM send an alert, but the alert disappears very quickly, and no favourites are showing when you tap browse button. Also intermittent stops working, then starts working again. Occurs even during the same drive (IE not rebooting the system by turning car off/opening doors.)
I feel there are a few other issues, but I can't recall them right now. @JeepCares
https://www.tsbsearch.com/Jeep/08-003-22