UConnect 8.4 & iPod Classic issues

Mountaineer

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
My 2019 JL Rubi has the UConnect 8.4 and I am looking to see if anyone has had the following issue. I have an iPod classic that has over 6,000 songs on it and it's plugged into the USB #2 port. Recently, the UConnect system has created an issue that won't allow me to find certain artists or songs on my iPod. The iPod is updated, and when used with ear buds, the iPod works correctly and all songs and artists can be found. However, the UConnect system, when trying to play a certain song or artist, won't even recognize the song or artist. It's frustrating that a $50k Jeep has a system that malfunctions like this. In fact, my previous 2014 JK Rubi did the same thing, and would actually "gray out" part of the alphabet if I was searching for an artist on the iPod. The dealer recently ran a flash on the dashboard and said my UConnect system is up to date and I even ran my VIN to get the most up to date software, and it's good to go. Hoping someone else has a solution or has had this issue.
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have 3 different iPods and only my 8 is fully compatible with the UConnect.

One is a 6 and the UC display has trouble keeping up with the song that's actually playing.

The other is much older and isn't even compatible. I know because the UC display says so.

OP
OP
Mountaineer

Mountaineer

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I have 3 different iPods and only my 8 is fully compatible with the UConnect.

One is a 6 and the UC display has trouble keeping up with the song that's actually playing.

The other is much older and isn't even compatible. I know because the UC display says so.
Thanks, looks like I just need to pony up the money and get a new iPod.

Frustration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19-JLU
From Apple -
No apple product with connectors older than Thunderbolt are compatible with the Uconnect in the JL. virtually no Ipods will properly connect.

It's a coding and licensing thing and it's kinda Bullshit, but it is what it is.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I have an iPod Nano 4th Gen constantly connected to the USB2 port. It works fine. Only on a couple of occasions the iPod has not been recognised, so I simply unplug and plug in the USB connector and all is OK.
Sponsored