Sponsored

Interior Vibration Noise/Rattles?

AFdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
Does anyone else have an annoying rattle coming from the right rear interior? I think it's in the sub container somewhere. Either louder music or especially the ruble of the exhaust (baffles open) causes a plastic rattle back there.

I can't nail it down to what exactly it is. Anyone else have it or tracked it down?
Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Does anyone else have an annoying rattle coming from the right rear interior? I think it's in the sub container somewhere. Either louder music or especially the ruble of the exhaust (baffles open) causes a plastic rattle back there.

I can't nail it down to what exactly it is. Anyone else have it or tracked it down?
Check that your seatbelt buckles aren’t tapping against any metal. Also if I have the rear seat folded up on my 2 door without strapping down, it will have the tendency to vibrate on the floor seat clip.

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo

I have a rear rattle I narrowed down to the Alpine sub enclosure. When I push my hand against the enclosure the rattle stops so looks like I'll have to pull that entire panel off and apply some sound deadening material to see if it fixes the issue.

OP
OP
AFdude

AFdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
I have a rear rattle I narrowed down to the Alpine sub enclosure. When I push my hand against the enclosure the rattle stops so looks like I'll have to pull that entire panel off and apply some sound deadening material to see if it fixes the issue.
Yep. That’s the spot. Put my hand on it and it stops. Looks like I’ll be getting the enclosure apart this weekend to find the rattle.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
You are lucky the subwoofer panel is very easy to remove. My 18 has a horrible dash rattle deep inside….hope my 392 will be forever quiet…
Sponsored