Sponsored

Installing Mopar aux switches -- how much did it cost?

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For those of you have who have installed the Mopar switches and relays (82215798AD) auxiliary switch bank by the dealer, how much did the dealer charge you? I'm not sure what to expect, it doesn't seem like *that* much effort to me but maybe I'm mistaken?

I have a quote from 3 dealers:

Dealer A: $375 installed and flashed, said it would be 3-4 hours labor. This seems very low.

Dealer B (where I got it from and have had them do work in the past): $799 installed and flashed, said it would be 7 hours labor.

Dealer C: $1199 installed and flashed, said it would be 10 hours labor.
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
For those of you have who have installed the Mopar switches and relays (82215798AD) auxiliary switch bank by the dealer, how much did the dealer charge you? I'm not sure what to expect, it doesn't seem like *that* much effort to me but maybe I'm mistaken?

Dealer A: $375 installed and flashed, said it would be 3-4 hours labor. This seems very low.

Dealer B (where I got it from and have had them do work in the past): $799 installed and flashed, said it would be 7 hours labor.

Gotta love how they shoot labor hours from the hip. Many will charge you way too many labor hours for anything.

It seems for that kind of money you could run one of those Bluetooth capable power distribution boxes I still need to research. Going this route and using professional dealer mechanics, option A seems the most reasonable. Basically if they have your Jeep by opening time, they should get it wrapped up by lunch since they have access to the maintenance manuals.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

I've done this myself and it takes about 4-5 hours to complete, plus the flash.

If I were to do it again with the experience from the first time, 2 1/2 - 3 hours to complete plus flash. It does take some time and finesse to get the cable through the grommet on the passenger side. It's a PIA, really.

I'd ask Dealer B if they would do it for $500-600 and I'd call that fair/average of what you should be paying.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Maybe dealer A has experience doing it.

Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Curious, did you end up getting the work done?

OP
OP

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Curious, did you end up getting the work done?
Ended up picking up my JLUR this morning. I went with dealer A, they ended up wiring up some aux lights to it for a total quote of $550. They had estimated 4-5 hours, ended up taking nearly 7. It apparently is a major pain in the butt, and the biggest issue was getting the computer to recognize that the switches were installed properly. They ended up spending 2 hours troubleshooting only to discover they were missing a fuse.

The tl;dr is they did a good job and it works great, would not have wanted to do it myself, took 7 hours, get it from the factory with the aux package if you can, and check for fuses.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Had mine installed for $300 with flash based on 3 hour estimate. Requested proposal and done during initial service @ 7500m. The dealer noted that he had a gent in the service department that was "very" familiar with install. Was done cleanly, correctly and on time.

keepereg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Had mine installed for $300 with flash based on 3 hour estimate. Requested proposal and done during initial service @ 7500m. The dealer noted that he had a gent in the service department that was "very" familiar with install. Was done cleanly, correctly and on time.
Was thinking of having the same done. Was that $300 for labor + ~$260 for the part for a total of $560? Or was the $300 including the part (which would be a steal!).

Thinking of doing it myself and the $500-600 range seems reasonable.

Thanks!

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was thinking of having the same done. Was that $300 for labor + ~$260 for the part for a total of $560? Or was the $300 including the part (which would be a steal!).

Thinking of doing it myself and the $500-600 range seems reasonable.

Thanks!
Sorry should have noted that I had the part, which I got for $200

Sponsored

Daddy4zack

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Two quotes.
1st $680
2nd $1100

I think I’ll be selling my switches and doing something else. 300 I would pay. But damn.

Daddy4zack

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Says sold out. Damn I need that
It is a decent kit it seems... Pulled out of box, decent quality, nice button panel. Once I add some "stuff" it'll will come in handy, but I'll have 8 switches here, and 4 on the aux panel. Doubt I'll have a need for all... Not sure if I can combine (turn on both driving spots and fogs with one button, and separate with two). For the price I could not resist.

It was out of stock as well, but I checked back the next day and they were in.

Daddy4zack

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
It is a decent kit it seems... Pulled out of box, decent quality, nice button panel. Once I add some "stuff" it'll will come in handy, but I'll have 8 switches here, and 4 on the aux panel. Doubt I'll have a need for all... Not sure if I can combine (turn on both driving spots and fogs with one button, and separate with two). For the price I could not resist.

It was out of stock as well, but I checked back the next day and they were in.
Can you give me a part number. I’ll try and look other places. Does it come with the tray mount?
Sponsored