MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I ran my new LED fender lights to a switch to have DRLs. I have save last recall checked in the menu but there are times when it doesn’t come on when I start the jeep.

Anyone else having that issue? Is there a fix?

Not a huge deal as I just have to hit the button but just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
Sponsored

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
you have settings in Uconnect if I remember correctly two of the four have memory I'm not sure exactly but its in the manual you can look it up on line. I would do it for you but I wont be where I can access the information for a little bit

OP
OP
MadDog27

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
You talking about the save last state? I have that checked. I would assume that would mean if it’s on, it’ll be on next time it starts. Works most of the time but there are times when it’ll be off. Only happens every now and then. Probably just being weird.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this happen yesterday when I first wired four KC HiLiTES Cyclones (as DRLs) to AUX4. It didn't save the last state, i.e. didn't stay on through an ignition cycle.

I flipped on all the switches (only have something connected to AUX4) and set them all to be persistent, but didn't notice a problem with them, afterward. But that was just one day's worth of testing and a few errands around town. I dunno how better to characterize this seemingly intermittent issue, besides just leaving them on, and seeing which one turns off on its own, eventually,

UPDATE: About a week later, now...I noticed that AUX4 wasn't on as it should be (usually is) at ignition. I actually only had that one on, but I'm going to leave them on like I said I would do, and report back.

It's funny, when I see someone jump into a cold, parked airplane or helicopter in a TV or movie, then take-off immediately, it jars me because there's typically a lot of things to prepare, buttons to push, switches to flip, etc. before a helicopter/plane can fly, even if you're in a hurry and your life depended on it. Now, my Jeep's the same way, got all these buttons to push or make sure the light is on for them...ESS off, Parksense off, check all the AUX switches are lit...

Last edited:

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Today I turned on all the AUX switches (I only have something connected to AUX4), set them all to latching, ignition, and persistent.

I noticed AUX1 was off (persistent check box was no longer checked) after a handful of ignition cycles. Not a big bug, but it does make ya wonder what else isn't working or will eventually stop working.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MadDog27

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. It’s not a huge deal that it seems to reset but good point, what else doesn’t work.

I went ahead and wired the lights I was using to a fuse tap so it’s always on with the ignition now. All my switches are now free to use for something else. Lol, hopefully a elocker some day.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
@MadDog27
What I notice is that if you cycle through the ACC/ON really fast without starting the engine the switch gets turns off and won’t recall last state on your next start up.
Sponsored