Sponsored

Installing Mopar aux switches -- how much did it cost?

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Can you give me a part number. I’ll try and look other places. Does it come with the tray mount?
Here is the sku photo. It comes with the tray mount as well as a Ram Phone mount (grabber).

11B18C20-3380-44C5-B434-40855C8EBDBD.jpeg
Sponsored

Daddy4zack

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
What did you pay?

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you have who have installed the Mopar switches and relays (82215798AD) auxiliary switch bank by the dealer, how much did the dealer charge you? I'm not sure what to expect, it doesn't seem like *that* much effort to me but maybe I'm mistaken?

I have a quote from 3 dealers:

Dealer A: $375 installed and flashed, said it would be 3-4 hours labor. This seems very low.

Dealer B (where I got it from and have had them do work in the past): $799 installed and flashed, said it would be 7 hours labor.

Dealer C: $1199 installed and flashed, said it would be 10 hours labor.
hi there, I have no idea how to create a post so I have to sneak my question into this thread.

once you do have them installed, they come with 2x 15A and 2x 40A fuses. My question is, if I already used up my 15A switches, can I install lights on the 40A as well? What would my downsides be?

Thanks already!

Daddy4zack

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Thank You. I wish I could find one. I’m looking for the Jl200

Sponsored

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Can a third party do the flash or does it have to be a dealership? I just bought the mopar switch bank to install for some lights and a winch. I am wondering if I should go directly to the dealership to have it installed or see if my local Offroad shop can do it.

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Can a third party do the flash or does it have to be a dealership? I just bought the mopar switch bank to install for some lights and a winch. I am wondering if I should go directly to the dealership to have it installed or see if my local Offroad shop can do it.
Use this link to do it yourself. Don't spend another 400 for them to put that in.

Makes it very easy.

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Use this link to do it yourself. Don't spend another 400 for them to put that in.

Makes it very easy.
Holy cow, that video is pretty informative on the installation steps but your definition of easy and mine are pretty different! At the end of the video it does mention that the dealership will have to do the flash. I wonder if they charge for this(sure they do).

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Holy cow, that video is pretty informative on the installation steps but your definition of easy and mine are pretty different! At the end of the video it does mention that the dealership will have to do the flash. I wonder if they charge for this(sure they do).
yea the dude did a great job on the video.
I cant imagine its too expensive but they will probably say something like „we will have to plug it in and thats always $85“ i can imagine... its a dealership :/

geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
yea the dude did a great job on the video.
I cant imagine its too expensive but they will probably say something like „we will have to plug it in and thats always $85“ i can imagine... its a dealership :/

I installed it myself and dealer charged me 210 for 5 minutes it took him to flash it they first add the feature to the vin and then they just flashed it

Sponsored

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
I installed it myself and dealer charged me 210 for 5 minutes it took him to flash it they first add the feature to the vin and then they just flashed it
Whoa thats crazy... even worse than i though.
I opted it in when i ordered the jeep and i am glad i did that now.
Thanks for the info

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Ouch! Approximately how long did it take you to do the install?

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Ended up picking up my JLUR this morning. I went with dealer A, they ended up wiring up some aux lights to it for a total quote of $550. They had estimated 4-5 hours, ended up taking nearly 7. It apparently is a major pain in the butt, and the biggest issue was getting the computer to recognize that the switches were installed properly. They ended up spending 2 hours troubleshooting only to discover they were missing a fuse.

The tl;dr is they did a good job and it works great, would not have wanted to do it myself, took 7 hours, get it from the factory with the aux package if you can, and check for fuses.
I am planning on doing the install myself soon. Which dealer did you end up going with?

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Did this install myself last weekend, it took me two hours but probably would have taken an hour and a half if I didn't keep revisiting the video. After reading comments here and on the YouTube video I connected the orange wires directly together and used electrical tape around them instead of using the quick disconnect plug that came with the kit. Glad I did it myself, the local off road shop estimated it at 4 hours.

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Did this install myself last weekend, it took me two hours but probably would have taken an hour and a half if I didn't keep revisiting the video. After reading comments here and on the YouTube video I connected the orange wires directly together and used electrical tape around them instead of using the quick disconnect plug that came with the kit. Glad I did it myself, the local off road shop estimated it at 4 hours.
Awesome! Glad I could help!
Do you love them?

I would still like to know what would happen if I connected regular LED lights to the 40A cables... anybody know?
Sponsored