Input on Mopar Max Care

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
New Rubi 392 delivery 3rd week of August.If I spend big money for extended warranty will I be denied coverage because I put on bigger tires,tow vehicle wiring,or other mods?How was your experience?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, there’s no script here; it is completely arbitrary. Some dealers are notorious for denying warranty at the drop of hat; others honor warranties on heavily modified Jeeps. It is entirely up to the dealer.

Often times it has more to do with whether the service dept has the bandwidth to look into your vehicle.

FCA prefers to look the other way and let dealers to do as they please.

goochman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sahara, 2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Cruze Premier
Bigger tires that dont require a lift no. Tow hitch wiring most likely not unless you have an electrical issue and your wiring looks like a birds nest.

OP
OP
2nd 392

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, there’s no script here; it is completely arbitrary. Some dealers are notorious for denying warranty at the drop of hat; others honor warranties on heavily modified Jeeps. It is entirely up to the dealer.

Often times it has more to do with whether the service dept has the bandwidth to look into your vehicle.

FCA prefers to look the other way and let dealers to do as they please.
Two local dealers.Purchased from the one that doesn’t price gouge but doesn’t mod new ones for sale. The one that does price gouge mods new ones all the time.Not a good sign.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that the one dealer doesn’t show mods is not a sign in itself. Talk to Service Manager to get a feel for how open he is to working on slightly modified Jeeps.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I was looking myself. I seen someone on here got a 8 year 125k warranty for $1300 for their 392. Honestly 392s are prone to eating cams. The mds system causes this. I would make the investment in max care if you plan on keeping it past the powertrain. Also in regards to modifications they have to prove what ever you did causes the problem. Bigger tires won’t cause a cam to wear prematurely. They sell the xtreme recon package so idk how they can argue a lift and bigger tires cause issues.

OP
OP
2nd 392

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking myself. I seen someone on here got a 8 year 125k warranty for $1300 for their 392. Honestly 392s are prone to eating cams. The mds system causes this. I would make the investment in max care if you plan on keeping it past the powertrain. Also in regards to modifications they have to prove what ever you did causes the problem. Bigger tires won’t cause a cam to wear prematurely. They sell the xtreme recon package so idk how they can argue a lift and bigger tires cause issues.
Aware of the cam issue.Which is why the mds on my 15 Grand Cherokee has only been turned on once to see if it worked.Yes, it has an on off button! The 392rubi doesn’t!WHY NOT???

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Aware of the cam issue.Which is why the mds on my 15 Grand Cherokee has only been turned on once to see if it worked.Yes, it has an on off button! The 392rubi doesn’t!WHY NOT???
Government wants to save the planet when China puts out 100000 times what we put out.
Sponsored