Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
Hey guys,

I had order 33" KM3's on Fuel Krank wheels and got called that Discount Tire wasn't able to get the Kranks in for an entire month and then the very last second, I went ahead and swapped them out for Fuel Assault and 35" K02's.

I know they'll fit, and I know there are 100's of threads, but I'm wanting some reassurance right now lol. I have a 2018 JLU Sport S, no lift/upgrade notta and going straight to the 35" K02's w/ Fuel Assault rims which supposedly add a +1 offset.

She's basically a mall crawler/pavement princess currently and our commutes are small. Will we be fine? After this upgrade, we won't have the cash for a while to upgrade to a solid lift, though I could get a Rubicon takeoff suspension pretty easily.

What are your thoughts? Should I call and cancel the K02's and stick with the KM3's... they did get them in stock already.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hey guys,

I had order 33" KM3's on Fuel Krank wheels and got called that Discount Tire wasn't able to get the Kranks in for an entire month and then the very last second, I went ahead and swapped them out for Fuel Assault and 35" K02's.

I know they'll fit, and I know there are 100's of threads, but I'm wanting some reassurance right now lol. I have a 2018 JLU Sport S, no lift/upgrade notta and going straight to the 35" K02's w/ Fuel Assault rims which supposedly add a +1 offset.

She's basically a mall crawler/pavement princess currently and our commutes are small. Will we be fine? After this upgrade, we won't have the cash for a while to upgrade to a solid lift, though I could get a Rubicon takeoff suspension pretty easily.

What are your thoughts? Should I call and cancel the K02's and stick with the KM3's... they did get them in stock already.
My 295/70/17s (33.3" tall) were a bit tight w/ stock springs, but after the Rubicon swap I could run 35s without issue I'm fairly certain, although w/ the sock high gearing of the Sport axles I don't think I'd run more than a 285/75 (34" tall). With the 295s I don't hit 8th gear except on totally flat hwy running. Also the KO2s and KM3s are completely different tires, so if you want a all around 4x4 tire the KO2s get the nod, but if you want a much more aggressive mud tire the KM3s FTW!
As much as I like the KO2s, those KM3s are just bad to the bone!
Here's before & after
Jeep Wrangler JL Impulse buy for 35's 100_4023.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Impulse buy for 35's IMG_0253.JPG

OP
OP
Deriggs007

Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
Thanks guys.

I had them swap out the KM3s to the K02s. It’s a daily driver and we won’t be doing any heavy trails anyways, so the K02s make more sense.

I got 35” tires anda coworkers brother is selling me his rubi suspension and fender flares for $300.

Speaking of fender flares. Do I need the liner? Or will mine fit?

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
Thanks guys.

I had them swap out the KM3s to the K02s. It’s a daily driver and we won’t be doing any heavy trails anyways, so the K02s make more sense.

I got 35” tires anda coworkers brother is selling me his rubi suspension and fender flares for $300.

Speaking of fender flares. Do I need the liner? Or will mine fit?
You need the liners. Your rear bumper will not align with the Rubi flares, but it will fit. You will also need the plastics rivets and tool to mate The liners to the fender. Probably will need some white body clips. And maybe some band aids.