I would have ordered this!

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Rural postal carriers love ‘em. I’d bet the options list is “limited”. The 3 I see are all Sports with auto trans and power windows

OP
OP

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
Rural postal carriers love ‘em. I’d bet the options list is “limited”. The 3 I see are all Sports with auto trans and power windows
I've seen a postal carrier in VT with a JK but not sure it was with the right handed steering. You're probably right that the options are extremely limited as postal carriers are their main target.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
We work on postal Jeeps all the time. They’re absolutely horrible to get parts for. Even something as simple as a radiator is built backwards.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep is selling the right sided steering wheel Wrangler again. Damn, I absolutely would have ordered this if I hadn't already taken delivery last fall. Left handed manual would have been quite the learning curve!

https://carbuzz.com/news/jeep-moves-the-wranglers-steering-wheel-to-the-right
Do they make a RHD manual? I thought they were all automatics. And I think it said that they are all sports. Unless you import one from overseas, no Rubicon option if you were looking for that. Also, as mwilk012 said, replacement parts are hard to get and I bet lifts and other aftermarket parts are even harder to find.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
One of the rural route drivers at my post office recently purchased a RHD Sport S. Automatic transmissions are compulsory, per the related job postings (even though the vehicles are privately owned).

I do recall a [now dated] thread on this forum regarding RHD Wranglers; specifically, the significant mark-up on new vehicles, due to the low production linked to the enduring demand for this specialized vehicle. Used RHD vehicles retain their resale value very well, also. At least one poster in the thread, a rural route driver herself, mentioned the significant wear and tear that their vehicles are exposed to, depending on just how rural their daily routes actually are.

I owned a home-market, manual transmission Austin when I was stationed in England. The learning curve to shift with your left hand takes all of 10 minutes if you have your wits about you. After that, it's all gravy.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
One of the rural route drivers at my post office recently purchased a RHD Sport S. Automatic transmissions are compulsory, per the related job postings (even though the vehicles are privately owned).

I do recall a [now dated] thread on this forum regarding RHD Wranglers; specifically, the significant mark-up on new vehicles, due to the low production linked to the enduring demand for this specialized vehicle. Used RHD vehicles retain their resale value very well, also. At least one poster in the thread, a rural route driver herself, mentioned the significant wear and tear that their vehicles are exposed to, depending on just how rural their daily routes actually are.

I owned a home-market, manual transmission Austin when I was stationed in England. The learning curve to shift with your left hand takes all of 10 minutes if you have your wits about you. After that, it's all gravy.
the poor mail Jeeps are absolutely abused. The brakes last 10k miles, we had a transfer case actually explode the other day, driveshafts fall off all the time. Control arms have no bushings half the time. They’re rough.
Sponsored