Sponsored

Who here wouldn’t own/have ordered a JL if the Unlimited wasn’t available ?

Would you have ordered a JL if it only came in 2 doors ?

• Yes

• No, I need the 4 doors

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I’ve owned two 2 door Wranglers and am awaiting my JLUR. It’s more practical with my lifestyle to have 4 doors. When it comes to 2 doors, the words of the Great Dr. Phil come to mind: “That dog don’t hunt.”
0322B964-1763-4091-B6D9-049B9F251F97.jpeg
Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
^ As I predicted, a lot of people are only in if it's a 4 door. With only two doors, it's not really a viable cargo or family option, and some just prefer the styling. The longer wheelbase also makes for a much more stable vehicle, which is nice.

I'm young enough in life that I don't have kids or anything. I'm buying a 2 door now, but if it were five years down the road, I would probably need a 4 door.

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I loved my 2009 JK 2 door. However, I am using it to tow my popup camper, so the 2 door isn't possible. If not for the 4 door, i would still be driving the 10 year old beauty!!

Sponsored

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
Needed the 4 door...I have to fit an infant and toddler car seat back there. Thanks to forum, I know they'll both fit comfortably.

automaton

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Yup, pret-ty sure you’re supposed to anyways ! Lol
It's safe to say that the 4 doors opened up the jeep market enormously, since you could have your cake and... the kids could eat it all while you're at work.

The 4 doors might be why the Wrangler has survived in this age of heavy regulation and homogeneity.

Bigpackdaddy75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Glad they make both. 2 and 4 door. Already have a Lexus SUV for the family. Hoping to order a 2 door just for me to run around to tennis matches, golf and fishing. I Have a basket and fishing buggy to load on back hitch for surf and pier fishing, etc.

Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
I'm going with the 4-Door Unlimited. I really place a high value on having space in my vehicle for taking longer trips. Driving a double cab Tundra with a canopy Ive been a bit spoiled when it comes to having room for whatever I want to drag along. The Unlimited will be a bit Spartan in comparison. When I went to test drive the JL Rubicon I folded down the back seats and crawled into the back and laid down just to make sure I could fit in it for sleeping. The salesman nearly flipped. "You are not planning to sleep in a Jeep are you?" Ha.. I most certainly am..

WranglerJLU4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Patriot
I have had 2 doors and 4 doors, I prefer the latter. The 2 door is more traditional, but the 4 door has that classy look.

ItMustBeJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR PUNK'N
In a perfect world, sure. But with a family it has to be the 4 door for me

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My dog is too big to crawl over to the back seat from the front. Definitely need the 4-door.

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely would only get the 4 Door. I had two different 2 door wranglers, and they were great, but kind of a pain when friends jumped in with the top up. I had a 4 door JK, and fell in love with the convenience of the Unlimited. Plus, when my kids were younger, I had to take the top down on the 2 door, to fit the car seat in the back. No Bueno.
Sponsored