First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB (Sold); (Waiting) 22 Rubicon w/XR
Occupation
Executive Project Manager / Risk Consultant
I know at some manufactures aka. GM if you have an order in the system and the price goes up and you don't cross model years, you are price protected. This has happened on the Corvette C8 and the dealers go back to GM for the credit. With this said, my Rubicon XR build that has been pending since the end of October - e.g. Status "D" w/Chapman (4% Below Invoice), and has gone up close to $1750 if I calculate all my options. I'm surprised the 1 Touch Roof didn't increase and the XR Package. But the Safety, Advanced Safety, LED Lighting package, Leather Seats, etc. all had increases.

If you read the configuration preview that Chapman provides, there is a disclosure at the the bottom saying that prices and equipment are tentative and subject to change without prior notice and they no claims against the content ar prices quotes will be accepted.

I'm not surprised of the reaction but based on past history, as long as an order is in the system, most dealers will honor the price protection. Looks like Chapman is trying to make up for the $250K boggie they had to pay out to Stellantis. You sometimes wonder if people are being paid a stipend for their positive reviews :)
Sponsored

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
I recently ordered from Chapman.

After calculating the increases, after 5% off the new invoice + tax and fee, I will now have to pay an additional $1,855 if they choose to not honor the original price.

This would be the equivalent of getting the same build at 1.75% off Invoice with price protection.

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
I know at some manufactures aka. GM if you have an order in the system and the price goes up and you don't cross model years, you are price protected. This has happened on the Corvette C8 and the dealers go back to GM for the credit. With this said, my Rubicon XR build that has been pending since the end of October - e.g. Status "D" w/Chapman (4% Below Invoice), and has gone up close to $1750 if I calculate all my options. I'm surprised the 1 Touch Roof didn't increase and the XR Package. But the Safety, Advanced Safety, LED Lighting package, Leather Seats, etc. all had increases.

If you read the configuration preview that Chapman provides, there is a disclosure at the the bottom saying that prices and equipment are tentative and subject to change without prior notice and they no claims against the content ar prices quotes will be accepted.

I'm not surprised of the reaction but based on past history, as long as an order is in the system, most dealers will honor the price protection. Looks like Chapman is trying to make up for the $250K boggie they had to pay out to Stellantis. You sometimes wonder if people are being paid a stipend for their positive reviews :)

It is unfortunate and hopefully they change their stance, but i will say as I have purchased and know people that have purchased from Tom and Chapman as he owns a Ford dealership that until this point they have been great to work with and i believe all the reviews. Hopefully they come to their senses.

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
We don't know exactly what will happen until we have vehicles that were built after this price hike show up on their lot. The orders being delivered now likely had their invoices/window stickers generated before the hike, so it's moot.

According to other info Tom has posted, it comes down to what Stellantis lists on the invoice. Going to be interesting, to say the least...

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Yup...Chapman's (PA) POC states that...and so does Gupton and Koons. Interesting to see what people that purchased from those dealers see happen as well.
My POC from Mall of Georgia says the same thing. The window sticker was actually over $2,000 higher than when ordered and my original sale price was honored. Again though, this was delivered in late Sept. I think they're pulling your leg and using that to increase your price.

Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Seems like it's just Chapman not honoring the price you build at. I'm still waiting for my dealer to answer me but I specifically remember asking if I needed to finance with them and if the price is locked. I was happy with the answers and ordered. If by any chance my dealer also plays that game, I will cancel my order and ask for my deposit back. Which will be another hurdle seeing as how the POC states prices can change.

We will see, 100% not correct for any dealer to do what Chapman is doing. Many people ordered their first new car and they aren't familiar with price protections and the overall greed with the Wranglers price hikes.

rocketr

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
My advice is stay away from Chapman and you will have a good buying experience with your price. My hope is Chapman changes their stance.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
My POC from Mall of Georgia says the same thing. The window sticker was actually over $2,000 higher than when ordered and my original sale price was honored. Again though, this was delivered in late Sept. I think they're pulling your leg and using that to increase your price.
Agreed. And I think it’s win win situation for them. Either they sell at the higher price or the customer backs out and then they get to sell it from the lot, which would command a lot higher sales price.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
My advice is stay away from Chapman and you will have a good buying experience with your price. My hope is Chapman changes their stance.

I am noticing that, but I will stay curious until my dealer answers me. Was Chapman asking for non-refundable deposits as well?

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I am noticing that, but I will stay curious until my dealer answers me. Was Chapman asking for non-refundable deposits as well?
Not that I know.

Sponsored

antman006

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5
The price increase equates to about 3% increase. That effectively wipes out a lot of the discount high volume dealers like Gupton, Chapman etc.. offers.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
The price increase equates to about 3% increase. That effectively wipes out a lot of the discount high volume dealers like Gupton, Chapman etc.. offers.

The "no deposit" thing has me wondering. Any dealers that required non-refundable deposits also not honoring price?

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I see that this thread has been mostly about Chapman, but we have not heard from people that ordered through other volume dealers such as Koons and Gupton. That was the main purpose, to gather information about various dealers and price protection. It might be that all volume dealers cannot control price increases because they have smaller margins. I would assume others that read these posts are contacting their dealers to see if their prices changed. That is what we need to know, not just bashing one dealership. It could be that they are all doing it (volume dealers offering large %s off). Chapman has been good to work with, so we need more information about similar dealers before we say they are the only ones increasing prices. Also, it appears many other dealers have that posting on the bottom of the POC stating prices can change, so they may be increasing prices as well. Hopefully others respond with what their dealers tell them.
So far I've heard Gupton is honoring price. Something to note is apparently Chapman didn't require deposits at all. I will have to assume a non-refundable deposit on an order with one price has some legal legs if the dealer doesn't honor it...regardless of the POC fineprint. It's just bad business and greed
Sponsored