Price just went up, again.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
So the build on my Rubi just went up again, this time by $600, not including the mandatory Active Safety Group. I'm seriously reconsidering now.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So the build on my Rubi just went up again, this time by $600, not including the mandatory Active Safety Group. I'm seriously reconsidering now.
If $600 is a deal breaker on a $45k vehicle perhaps it was not the right choice in the first place?

OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Yeah, I've been saving for two years, huge down payment, $35k+, because I hate being in debt, but the price keeps climbing and I have to say "enough" at some point, and I REALLY don't want the Active Safety Group, especially for yet ANOTHER $1000. Yeah, I might be done, buy something else.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
FCA is ridiculous. I wish there was still competition like there used to be. I'd love to see Mahindra bring the Thar to the US or Suzuki bring the Samurai back. Hopefully the Bronco won't disappoint.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I'm looking at the ZR2 Colorado. Yeah, I know, "no lockers, solid front axle, convertible roof" etc, etc. I just need a reliable daily driver with four wheel drive. The ZR2 is cheaper and I'm really tired of FCA's games. I have a 2000 ZR2 Blazer that I bought new and 20 years later it's still going. The only time that truck has ever stranded me was with a dead battery.

Sponsored

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I just went onto Jeeps website and rebuilt the one I ordered back in October and the price is the same. It also didn't make me choose the Active Safety group.

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I'm looking at the ZR2 Colorado. Yeah, I know, "no lockers, solid front axle, convertible roof" etc, etc. I just need a reliable daily driver with four wheel drive. The ZR2 is cheaper and I'm really tired of FCA's games. I have a 2000 ZR2 Blazer that I bought new and 20 years later it's still going. The only time that truck has ever stranded me was with a dead battery.
I went wheeling with my buddy who has a Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition. It's amazingly capable, though the interior sucks (I'm shocked at how nice the JL Rubicon interior is, especially with the leather dash). It's a worthy adversary.

OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I just went onto Jeeps website and rebuilt the one I ordered back in October and the price is the same. It also didn't make me choose the Active Safety group.
I just went and looked again and I had one of the premium colors selected. I selected white as the color and it's still exactly $500 more than it was yesterday, not including the mandatory ASG. They raised the price on some of the options.

Was: $54, 675

Now: $55,175

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring

Yeah......but the Jeep website and the real prices dont always match. They didn't when I ordered my JLUR. Hard to believe the two sources dont jive in these tech times. Seems like some enterprising law firm would do a class action or something.

FlatSixShooter

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara,997C2, 981S, 750LI, Shelby GTSC, 19VW Jetta and a lot of motorcycles
I went wheeling with my buddy who has a Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition. It's amazingly capable, though the interior sucks (I'm shocked at how nice the JL Rubicon interior is, especially with the leather dash). It's a worthy adversary.
Leather dash on Rubicon?

Thought that was only on the Sahara leather package????

Sponsored

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Just saw a commercial on TV tonight with various FCA vehicles on sale - but the one that caught my eye/ear was the Wrangler sale - employee pricing plus more off. Not sure if that is only on remaining '19's in stock, but worth investigating... (this was in the Western region - Central Cali)
Employee Pricing was less than invoice on mine.

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Leather dash on Rubicon?

Thought that was only on the Sahara leather package????
The Rubicon with leather seats has leather on top of the dash and painted (red or silver) dash panels. The Sahara has leather dash panels.

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport

I didn't like the rear door entry for passengers in the Zr2 Colorado. Also consider the Toyota 4runner off-road edition, not the Pro.

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
I just went and looked again and I had one of the premium colors selected. I selected white as the color and it's still exactly $500 more than it was yesterday, not including the mandatory ASG. They raised the price on some of the options.

Was: $54, 675

Now: $55,175

Matt, as others have said the web prices on the Jeep build aren't what you'll end up paying. They are MSRP. I just ordered a 2020 JL for my wife at Superior in Conway AR. Saw a recommendation here for the dealership and their internet salesperson Kim Sims. Made a call and got a super price well below dealer invoice. I gave my local dealer a shot at the deal but they were almost $1,600 higher than Superior. Placed the order over the phone, had a VIN in a couple of days and had it in our driveway in about 4-weeks. All-in-all a great experience and no BS. You should get the vehicle you really want. That being said, if it's a Jeep Rubicon do an online build then provide that to several dealers and see what they come back with. I don't know where you are in MO, but it was worth the 3-hour drive to Superior for the deal we got and the no hassle experience. Just my 2 cents. PM me if you want any more info on our deal with Kim at Superior.