Sponsored

I present you with Sting Grey (I think)

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
All I’m saying is don’t tempt us wth the late availability and then let us hang on a branch. Don’t hold out the cookie jar than say you can’t have any until we’re good and ready for you to have it; that’s childish. I don’t know of any other auto manufacturer that would do this. It’s called treating your customers with respect.
And all I'm saying is that I agree that someone is exhibiting childish behavior, and it ain't Jeep.
Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
And all I'm saying is that I agree that someone is exhibiting childish behavior, and it ain't Jeep.
I promise I’ll do better..... eventually:angel:

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
All I’m saying is don’t tempt us wth the late availability and then let us hang on a branch. Don’t hold out the cookie jar than say you can’t have any until we’re good and ready for you to have it; that’s childish. I don’t know of any other auto manufacturer that would do this. It’s called treating your customers with respect.
So you’re saying you’d rather they don’t give any info ahead of time about future colors and just surprise you with the new color after you’ve already put your order in?...

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
So you’re saying you’d rather they don’t give any info ahead of time about future colors and just surprise you with the new color after you’ve already put your order in?...
Do you know of any other car company that plays games like this?

Every other late available color, except for Mojito and Sting Gray has a DEFINITE availability date. “Mid to late March, March to April and next month“ are very vague NON-DEFINITE time frames.

Some of us like to be able to order for 2018. Can we even trust that these two colors will be available this year? I still don’t believe these colors will be available this Spring. I’m hoping I’m wrong but everything I read leaves a lot of doubt. FCA loves to precipitate this doubt.

There has been a lot of conjecture on Sting Gray only being used for the 15th anniversary Rubicon, if that’s the case when’s that coming? I don’t want to spend the extra money that model will command.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I still don’t believe these colors will be available this Spring. I’m hoping I’m wrong but everything I read leaves a lot of doubt. FCA loves to precipitate this doubt.
Pretty sure @JeepCares has answered this question by « next month ». Geez guys do you need an exact time of which day to know when you’re gonna be able to order ?!

There has been a lot of conjecture on Sting Gray only being used for the 15th anniversary Rubicon, if that’s the case when’s that coming? I don’t want to spend the extra money that model will command.
This is pure speculation from forum users, not sure we could call it « a lot of conjecture »...

Sponsored

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the color lineups of the JK and the JL, the factory can accommodate 10 colors. There are 4 colors on the JL that differ from the JK. I don't think it's any coincidence that the phase out of the JK coincides with the roll out of the last two JL colors. There's just only so much room in the paint department. Pretty sure it's not a personal slight to customers...

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Ya know, @Rubi, you've got some serious butthurt over this color thing...to the point that you're actually bashing them and accusimg them of playing childish games. This, to me, seems like spoiled childish behavior by you, not them. As I see it, you have one of three options here...wait for your beloved Sting Gray to be available sometime next month, get another color, or go away completely and buy something else. This is the second thread (that I'm aware of) that you've taken to the keyboard with hateful intentions and disdain for FCA. I highly doubt that they are holding out on the gray just to be playing games. I mean, c'mon. Serioisly. To think they are doing that just to piss off a few overly passionate consumers is ludicrous. There is a production process and plan, and Sting Gray has it's place and time in that plan.

Also, it's not like they haven't given you clues as to when they're going to release it...but I understand you want an EXACT DATE...nothing else will do!! Sorry you're SO upset over that.

Maybe the JL just isn't for you, IDK. You sure seem to be full of hate and contempt, though, over the release of a color. I, personally, would count my blessings and be glad that it's next month and not June or July...at least the end is near. With this much initial negative attitude toward them, I'm wondering if your long term owner experience will be positive. I wish you the best of luck.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Ya know, @Rubi, you've got some serious butthurt over this color thing...to the point that you're actually bashing them and accusimg them of playing childish games. This, to me, seems like spoiled childish behavior by you, not them. As I see it, you have one of three options here...wait for your beloved Sting Gray to be available sometime next month, get another color, or go away completely and buy something else. This is the second thread (that I'm aware of) that you've taken to the keyboard with hateful intentions and disdain for FCA. I highly doubt that they are holding out on the gray just to be playing games. I mean, c'mon. Serioisly. To think they are doing that just to piss off a few overly passionate consumers is ludicrous. There is a production process and plan, and Sting Gray has it's place and time in that plan.

Also, it's not like they haven't given you clues as to when they're going to release it...but I understand you want an EXACT DATE...nothing else will do!! Sorry you're SO upset over that.

Maybe the JL just isn't for you, IDK. You sure seem to be full of hate and contempt, though, over the release of a color. I, personally, would count my blessings and be glad that it's next month and not June or July...at least the end is near. With this much initial negative attitude toward them, I'm wondering if your long term owner experience will be positive. I wish you the best of luck.
I don’t wanna think about what if his build is stuck in limbo like it’s been the case for some users here...! Lol

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Based on the color lineups of the JK and the JL, the factory can accommodate 10 colors. There are 4 colors on the JL that differ from the JK. I don't think it's any coincidence that the phase out of the JK coincides with the roll out of the last two JL colors. There's just only so much room in the paint department. Pretty sure it's not a personal slight to customers...
OK, if that's the case; why can't they be honest and tell us that is when the two new colors will be available? Why the vague dates? Like you said there's a definite end to JK production.

The Reps associated with my dealer don't have a clue when Sting Gray will be available; again the usual keep you in the dark adolescent action by FCA.

Sponsored

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
OK, if that's the case; why can't they be honest and tell us that is when the two new colors will be available? Why the vague dates? Like you said there's a definite end to JK production.

The Reps associated with my dealer don't have a clue when Sting Gray will be available; again the usual keep you in the dark adolescent action by FCA.
The answer is likely "however long it will take to refit the last 2 paint tanks after JK production ceases". Jeep can either give a firm date, and then people will be mad when they miss it because of technical issues with the paint swap, or they can give you a two week window, as they have here. Dealer reps rarely know anything, in my experience. Or maybe they just play dumb to gauge the customer's enthusiasm...

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR

Do you know for a fact it's next month Sting Gray will be available? No you don't and neither does anybody else. FCA is leading everybody on to keep them interested in a popular color until they feel fit to make it available; be it on standard models or a the 15th anniversary special Rubicon.

If you can't see where I'm coming from then don't respond to my threads.

OP
OP

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito

Because time lines change and then people would cry...

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
I'll give you some insight. I have been in the automotive finish industry for over 25 years. The main reason for an absent availability date for StingRay is the lack of the main ingredient for the color. Unobtainium. We all know those pesky blue people can reek havoc on the mining equipment.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
You have to realize FCA is a huge worldwide company. They know when they plan on doing anything months if not a year out. They have to know to place labor manpower and setup their manufacturing facilities.

A date has been set for Sting Gray availability, just like it was done for Ocean Blue and Punk'N. It would be nice and as a responsible company to let the people know who patronize them.
Sponsored